My Real "ghost" Story.

Lounge By Melvira Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 3:58am by indydebi

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:03pm
post #61 of 68

Well sometimes I feel like that frustrated spirit that cannot be seen or heard, because it is very difficult to get anyone (him) to believe or trust in me and heed my advice or warnings. It's funny because everyone knows to come to me for help or advice but then they second guess me and decide to do something different, only to end up doing as i suggested or wishing they had.

"because Gram told me to"...ahhh I'll get there one day, hopefully.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 6:08pm
post #62 of 68

On Feb 9th, of this year, we found out my dad had cancer. It was shocking to me because my dad was supposed to be invincible. We knew it was bad. They said with no treatment he had 3-6 months. With chemo treatments they said he could have up to two more years. I really thought my dad would beat this. He did two rounds of chemo and decided he didn't want to do it anymore, because he wasn't reacting to it very well. I talked to my dad everyday for an hour at least (he lived in Arkansas). On April 16th I had a Dr's appt and was going to call my dad after. At the appt I found out I was pregnant icon_eek.gif .....a HUGE shocker! When we (my DD and I) walked out to call my dad there were lady bugs everywhere. My DD was sooooo excited. I called my dad and my step-mom told me he went to sleep and didn't wake up. I had a melt down, to say the least. It had only been two months, there was NO way he was gone. A month down the road I heard the song Sonny(my dad's name), from bobby hebb, and had to pull over because I was crying so hard. I was looking out the window and a lady bug landed on my door. It wasn't till then that I put the two and two together. It's funny because Whenever I am upset, I will see a lady bug. In July I was diagnosed with placenta previa, and put on bed rest. They said everything would be fine. Well, I was 6 months pregnant to the day and my water broke. He didn't make it. I didn't sleep well that night, but would drift in and out of sleep. I don't know if I was delirious or not, but my dad was there holding the baby, telling me he was going to take care of him. My step-sister had the same dream, but when she told me she didn't know I had the baby yet. So that was weird. When I'm feeling really down, he will always be in my dreams. I don't know if it's him or my imagination, but I feel his presence. My DD, who is 3, will say Papa Sonny's here. And My 1 year old will stare at a blank space in our room and play peek-a boo. I will turn him the other way and he will turn right back to the same spot. He never got to meet my dad, so if it is him, I am sooooo glad. There has been a lot of other things that happened, that make me believe it's him. When the baby passed away, my DH's work sent these beautiful white flowers. One day when I went into the living room, some of the flowers had bloomed, and the were bright yellow. It reminded me of sunshine, I named the baby after my dad so when I thought of sunshine I thought "Sonny". I was crying, because it was like they were letting me know they were fine. Sorry this was so long. So , YES, I definitely believe thumbs_up.gif

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:33pm
post #63 of 68

beautiful story nickshalfpint

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 9:25am
post #64 of 68
Quote:
Quote:

I feel like I should be wearing a t-shirt that reads "I Told You So" on it because that's what I'm always saying to him.

I know eactly what you mean!! My hubby and I had been like that for a while. I'm not sure if I posted in this thread or not but I too have experienced a lot of wierd things and at one point in my life I thought I was crazy. For me it comes and goes. I think the hardest part for me was having to tell my hubby about his past and what truely happened in his family and it made me cry but at the same time I knew I had to tell him.

I recently had a situation and although I knew it was coming I was in denial. For those of you who have read my prior posts, this might be repetative. I appologize if it is.

My husband and I were discharged from the Marine Corps in July of 2007 and we moved to Florida to get "situated" until we were ready to go somewhere else. Well, earlier this month he recieved a letter being called back to active duty for a tour in Iraq for 12-15 months.

It hit me pretty hard and I was devastated for a few days and I didn't even come on cc icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif !! Well I did some soul searching and relaxed my mind and prayed for some kind of answer. And Boyy was I surprised!!!

We had been through so much and really just wanted to be normal again and think about right now. As much as my hubby hated what he had to go through, you would think I would have gotten rid of all the uniforms or at least put them in storage....well no, I didn't. We came out here and had everything in a storage closet except his combat uniforms (utilities). During that time I kept having dreams all the time about myself returning to active duty. My mother told me that she thought I was going to be reactivated but, I can't deploy because I have an implanted device in my back due to some serious nerve damage.

Well earlier this year we moved into our apartment and 6 months later we still had stuff in storage.We have pots and pans, a shredder, some clothes, and a bunch of shoes still in there now.

A month before the letter, I tell my husband that something is making me uneasy and I haven't been able to sleep. I couldn't tell what it was but I knew I wasn't going to like it. 2 days before the letter I tell him that I have a feeling that he is going to be recalled and that we need to be prepared because it is going to change our lives a lot. I know I had told him this months ago but, I felt the need to tell him again. My last day of finals last quarter I was so happy because I passed my finals and I had a two week break, so we go to my mothers house and we are all in the kitchen talking and something pulled me to the rear door. I opened it and there it was a big fedex envelope. I started shaking and called my hubby over and he asked me who it was from and to go ahead and open it. I nearly fell to my knees because I didn't want to believe it.

The wierd thing in all of this is that the uniforms are in our apartment in his military duffle bags(boots and all) ready to go. You would think that I had intentionally packed it this way but, I honestly had no clue. Those bags were packed July 23rd 2007 and were left untouched until just recently (last week). Apparently, the bag has been following us around from the moment we left California. Creepy huh!! I really had no idea, I guess my subconcius (sp?) did.

I suck at telling stories so hopefully it was okay.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 2:35am
post #65 of 68

Ok, I haven't read through this whole tread yet (but I am going too) and I want to share my own supernatural-type experience.

Growing up, I had a pretty absent Dad, but I did have an AWESOME Opa (grandpa) My Opa and I were so, so close. When I was in 3rd grade maybe, he gave me a little necklace. Nothing fancy, just a cheap little necklace for his granddaughter. Well, years later he had a horrible stroke that took out the whole left side of his body and made him very impaired. He had no idea what was going on, saw things, and as sad as it is, just rot in bed. Well, that day I lost my Opa. It was very sad. And after that, every time I had a real big problem in my life - you know the kind where all you can do is cry because something seems so hopeless - I would have this like, memory, of him telling me something. Except, it wasn't something that happened, and he was telling me what to do. I know, this just seems like I'm thinking about him, but really, really, it was a memory. Clear and vivid images. The weird thing is, every one of these days I was wearing that necklace (which is now a bracelet. lol). I hardly ever wear it, and when I do its of no significance, I just throw it on in the morning and whatever. I don't think that is coincidence. The scary thing is, my mother said that the exact same thing has happened to her. (She was very close to her father as well).

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 2:43am
post #66 of 68

Melvira thank you for posting this thread. I know that it has not been commented on since November, but I have to add to it.

I was staying with my sister, her husband and newborn daughter for the weekend when I was a girl. They decided we should go to the beach I did not want to leave without my cross, but I could not find it. I knew something bad was going to happen and they did not believe me. We were in a horrible car accident, my neice hit the windshield twice. It was touch and go for a while but we are all ok now.

Years later I was working on a riverboat restraunt and I was setting some tables at the end of the night for the morning shift. When I suddenly I was looking through someone elses eyes, it was a woman that I did not know. Lets just say I witnessed her head on crash that she passed away in. I was working with her friend that night. Days later I talked to her and figured out who it was.

My cat had kittens when I was 8 or 9. I kept one of the kittens, I had to bottle feed him as my cat did not want anything to do with him. He was with me for 25 years. I always knew I would not have children while he was alive, believe me I tried. He died on Labor Day and exactly one year to the day he died my first daughter was born.

So, yah I believe! I have had many many more things that cannot be explained happen to me, some fun others not.

Thanks again for posting this, I really am not alone!

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:08am
post #67 of 68

I almost forgot, this just happened on Christmas Eve. My husband and I were wrapping presents and I asked him if he had heard from his Aunt was she going to be in town. He said she was staying home. I asked him if she had found out yet that she is going to be a grandma. He laughed and wanted to know what made me think of that. I told him it was just a feeling. The next morning his aunt calls and she tells him she is going to be a grandma! I could not stop laughing! My husband was in shock! Too funny! I just love it when stuff like that happens!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:58am
post #68 of 68

I can't believe I missed this thread until now. These stories are so touching, I'm just doing the silent cry on my couch as I read these.

There was some lady who wrote a book about her "I died and came back" story .... she said during her short "tour of heaven" she learned that the souls of children select the family they will be born to. Melvira, how very special you must be to have been selected by that little guy to be his mom!! thumbs_up.gif

My experience ... I never knew it was called "out of body experience" until Sylvia Brown explained it on a Montel show. I was about 4. we were all down for our afternoon nap, but for some reason we were in the living room .... 2 of us on the couch, the baby in the playpen and our mom had fallen asleep in the chair. I woke up before anyone but was just laying on the couch, waiting for my sister to wake up so we could play.

Suddenly, I'm sitting on top of a cabinet in the kitchen and I'm looking down at myself laying on the couch. I even remember the couch-me staring back. I also remember thinking, as my legs dangled over the edge of the cabinet, 8 feet above the floor, "I'm not even scared of falling from this high!" It seems that I sat there for quite some time .... 15-20 seconds. Then I was back on the couch.

ANother quick story.... a friend's grandfather had passed away before he was unable to visit granddaughter's new home, which he had promised to do. One night, she is sitting alone in the house at night, kids are asleep, hubby working 2nd shift. She hears the locked screen door open; she hears footsteps walk thru the downstairs rooms , up the stairs and thru the upstairs rooms; she hears the screen door open and close.

She swears it was her grandfather coming to see her house.

Melvira, I just discovered tonight that there is a Ghost Hunting organization just one hour away from me. Wow!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%