My Real "ghost" Story.

Lounge By Melvira Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 3:58am by indydebi

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:02am
post #1 of 68

Here is the much requested TRUE ghost story that you've asked about. Hope you can feel how special this is to me. thumbs_up.gif

In 2002, we lived in a townhouse in Davenport (Iowa), and a few days before I turned 30 my Grandmother (and best friend on earth) passed away. A few days after losing her, a strange image appeared in my screen door. I don't mean a picture was put in the door... I mean the screen itself changed, mutated, if you will, into the image. The image of a baby. That is not a joke... I invited many people over to see it in person and took both video and still footage of it. Now, I am used to these types of supernatural happenings... I have dealt with them (happily for the most part) for years. I have seen things most people don't believe in, and have made believers of MANY skeptics. The only part that bothered me was not knowing who it was, or what they needed from me. The image remained there until we bought my grandmother's house and moved away from the townhouse. (I have since tried to recover the screen, but to no avail.) This slightly creepy instance left my mind after we moved, as the baby's image did not follow us to our new home. Three long years later, we decided we should get our family started, and welcomed a baby into our lives. We found out at 28 weeks pg. that he was to be born with a cleft lip and palate, but that could not curb our enthusiam, nor after meeting him, did it remotely affect our fierce love for him. One day while quickly scanning through the hi-8 tapes that my video camera used, looking for more blank tapes to film Baby, I happened across the images of the screen door. The blood drained from my face and I don't think I was able to move for several minutes. I was staring at the ghostly, disembodied head of my real-life child... COMPLETE WITH CLEFT!! Everything about this face was the same as the tiny little flesh and blood version that I so delighted in kissing. I couldn't stop myself from crying. It all finally made sense. My grandmother passed, and met (chose, perhaps?) the child that would be ours, she wanted us to know how wonderful it would be. A very special child with challenges, to be sure, but also with the capacity to make our lives whole in a way we never dreamed possible. Some will say it's just odd, some will say the picture is fake, but I know the truth. I have many witnesses to this miracle, some made believers by this event, some still slightly skeptical about how it all happened. Here I will post a compilation image for you... the original image of the screen door, the screen door where I have outlined the mouth to show the details of the cleft, and two images of Baby so you can see what I am talking about. I don't have a picture of Baby with his head turned the same way... I only wish I did. But, I don't think you'll be able to miss the striking match, regardless of which way the head is turned. The cleft, the cheeks, the chin, it's all the same. Even the small face and the slightly larger head. It's just amazing to me... no matter how many times I look at it, it never ceases to thrill me. Thanks Gram... thanks for the preview of coming attractions!

See picture below. Sorry the picture of the door is a little dark. I didnât have the top of the line camera back then!!
LL

67 replies
AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:13am
post #2 of 68

Amazing! I believe!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:15am
post #3 of 68

. . . all I can say is WOW . . .

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:18am
post #4 of 68

OMG!!! MEL !
I can see its him!!! thumbs_up.gif
Gramma chose him for you to love. She knew he needed a special mom to take care of all his special needs, and that you would be perfect for him.Thats amazing icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:25am
post #5 of 68

Honestly, the exact moment when it all came together in my head and I figured it out... that was the most powerful moment. I literally just slumped down to the floor and cried. I just sat there and said, "Thank you Gram, thank you so much!" I just know she picked him! Often I think that she may have 'come back' in him as well... he does things she used to do, things that there is no sensible reason that it would be the same. My grandmother had the MOST distinctive sneeze ever... I mean, there was no mistaking it, and I've never heard anyone else do it. Guess what? Yep... he does it too! icon_lol.gif That's just one example.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:32am
post #6 of 68

Thats so awesome !

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:57am
post #7 of 68

You know I didn't see it at first and then all of a sudden it just jumped out at me. It really does look like him! Amazing! Thanks for the great story Mel.

cmp24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmp24 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:22am
post #8 of 68

I completely believe! I've lived in a house that had spirits in it. Now i'm completely enthralled in Ghost hunting, and watch the Ghost hunters shows on tv

Melvira Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:30am
post #9 of 68

You know, when I first came across that show I wanted to love it... but after watching a few episodes I became quickly disenchanted because they never actually show anything. It's just a bunch of jerky camera movements and screaming because something scared them. I don't think I've ever seen anything compelling on there. It really disappointed me though because I really wanted it to be real and awesome! The problem is, watching someone on TV saying, "It feels really cold right here and I get a weird sensation." is not really good TV, you know? It's like, yah, ok, but since I can't feel any of that, it's not really exciting to me!

I have had years worth of amazing experiences... I really enjoy discussing it, it's one of my favorite subjects. I am a true believer, and like I said, I've convinced some others too!

I had a boyfriend who died when I was 18 and while he was alive he would call me at 2am every night. After he died, my phone would ring at 2am, but there was never anyone there. My best friend would spend the night and just shrug at me. She said it was someone screwing with me. Someone that knew he'd call at that time and they were just messing with me. So, one night we're up goofing off and the phone rings. I smiled at her and said, "Do you still think it's a load of crap? Some kind of joke?" And she's like, "Yah, someone is just antagonizing you!" I reached down and picked up the end of the phone cord that was NOT plugged into the wall, WHILE the phone was STILL ringing and said, "Really?" She jumped about a mile and almost wet herself. For a short while after that I moved into another apartment and didn't even have phone service, but it still rang. That really messed with her! icon_lol.gif

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:55am
post #10 of 68

Melvira, that is great and you are blessed. That is a beautiful baby boy!!
My nephew works for the City of Phoenix and he sometimes has to deliver new garbage cans to city parks. One day he had to drop one off at a park called South Mountain Park, the park interweaves through a dry rocky mountain. Anyways, he had to drive to a ramada, which he had to unlock a gate to get to, as they keep it locked during the week. The ramada sits next to a childrens playground. He said he got to the ramada, exchanged the trash cans and started to walk back to his truck when he heard something like a childs laughter. He turned around thinking maybe a family with kids followed him in, but he saw nothing except a swing on the swing set swaying back and forth. He said he got goosebumps but shook it off as his imagination. He started to turn away when it happened again, the laughter and the swaying swingset, but what really got him was when he felt a tugging sensation on his pants-like when a child tries to get your attention..Never-the-less, he high tailed it out of there without locking the gate. He said he arrived at the park office to turn in the key and one of the office workers noticed my nephews shakiness and asked him about it. My nephew hesitated about telling him but ended up just saying that he experienced something unusual at the ramada. The park employee then asked if he was visited by the little girl? My nephew then told the employee about the experience. Turns out there is a spirit of a little girl that wanders that particular area of the park and other people have experienced her presence including park rangers. My nephew still get's shaken up when telling the story. I believe.

cmp24 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:22am
post #11 of 68

The spirit would climb in the baby bed w/my middle son and play. I woke up one day and my kids didn't wake me up...they had all the ingredients for making cookies sitting in front of there bed room closet ( thats where the spirit stayed ) and they told me she was helping them make cookies. A few wks later my rolling pin came up missing, for 2 wks. Looked every where for it, I asked for it back one day and it was there. It loved to hide my keys also. I would just tell it, if it wanted me to go get my son from school so they could play i needed my keys..........i'd find them laying on my desk.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 10:08am
post #12 of 68

That is very cool. Have you ever thought , since you mentioned the sneeze, she is reincarnated to the baby?

Very awesome story icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:05pm
post #13 of 68

Wow, Melvira, that's just incredible.

I used to feel my grandfather around me sometimes. I just knew he was there with me, but I haven't felt it as much in the last few years. I wish I knew why!

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 8:31pm
post #14 of 68

mel that is such an awesome story and your son is so beautiful. i completely believe the experiences you have had. i have one of my own.... before i even got prego with my oldest, i started having dreams, that first i was pregnant, that was about five months or so before i even got pregnant and then before i found out i was prego i started seeing a baby in my dreams, it was a baby girl with blue eyes, and of course the fact that i am hispanic with brown eyes and my husband has brown eyes, i didn't see any significance in the dream. well during my whole pregnancy, i dreamt about this lil baby girl and the whole time my ob was telling me it was a boy, from the sono and i of course bought everything in blue and found some really nice vintage light outfits for him, well to everyones surprise when "she" was born, we were shocked and she went home in blue clothing, hehehe, and...... she has blue eyes. i kept waiting for them to change and at her six months appt with the pediatrician, i asked her when are her eyes going to turn brown and she said to me "oh honey, if they haven't turned brown yet, they aren't" now she is a beautiful young lady with colored eyes, that are not brown. with all my children, i had dreams about them. my last one, well... took us all by surprise and i of course had dreams of having a boy (i have three girls) and i did indeed have a beautiful boy, his name is Phoenix. We are blessed to have him, he spent his first year in and out of the hospital and he had major surgery last dec. right before xmas and all went well, he goes for an appt nov 27 and i am confident the dr. will say he is ok and won't need to see him for four years. Thnx for reading this. Melvira you were given your son cuz you are special. God bless!! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 11:41pm
post #15 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

That is very cool. Have you ever thought , since you mentioned the sneeze, she is reincarnated to the baby?

Very awesome story icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Yes!! That's what I meant when I said I think she may have come back in him! I have many little things that make me think that either they were great friends while they were up there together, or she actually did come back in him. It's just wild. I love it!!

angelatx, that is an awesome story! My whole family is blue-eyed blondes, and when she was pregnant with her second child she dreamt of a baby with black hair. The nurses laughed at her until the baby was born with jet black hair!! It all fell out and grew back in whitish blonde, but it was so funny that she dreamt that! thumbs_up.gif

michellenj, I know what you mean... and it could be a multitude of things causing you not to feel him as much. It could be that you've sort of gotten over the loss a little bit and are not as vulnerable, not as open to his presence, or he could be spending more time elsewhere. Or it could be a nuber of other things. It's hard to say. But it is definitely sad when you sense that they are not around as much as they used to be. icon_sad.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:04am
post #16 of 68

Melvira, you know your story rings so true.

After I had lost my Grandmother (maybe after 3 months or so) I was in the grocery store, no one in the isle I was in, I got this COLD chill go right through me, I turned around, and right there in front of me like so real, was my grandmother, right down to her short grey hair, her tan raincoat, and her OLD pocketbook she wore on her right arm between the wrist and elbow. She just stood there looking at me. I wanted to start bawling right there. What is so really weird, this happened to me again not that long ago. Everyone things I'm off my rocker, but you know what, I truly believe they are always around us.

Donna

tblide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tblide Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:31am
post #17 of 68

Wow what great stories!!!! It is so funny though that this is on this forum. I was just talking to my brother not 30 minutes ago about some of the experiences that I have had. You see, I have had many feelings of uneasyness (sp) and feelings of dread. I have even had my pony tail pulled at a cemetery once. I have seen shadows and heard voices. I belong to a group called SPARS (Southern Paranormal & Anamoly Research Society). I am the assistant coordinator for our North Carolina chapter. I have had numerous experiences while on investigations as well as experiences when I was a child. Now my daughter is having them.

Melvira Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:39am
post #18 of 68

tblide that's awesome!!

mommicakes, that really had to shock you! When it sneaks up on you it can be very startling!!

mommicakes Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:04am
post #19 of 68

oh yeah, startled isn't the word. But, I believe. weird but true. icon_smile.gif

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 10:53am
post #20 of 68

Wow Melvira! I can see him so clearly in the picture! I definitely believe.

Like you, I was very close to my grandmother. As soon as she showed signs that she might not make it, i drove from Georgia to Maine to go see her. She had congestive heart failure, so she passed away quickly. I missed seeing her by an hour. I was devestasted. I felt quilty, because I really wanted to be there for her. After the funeral, I took some of the Roses and the Banner(Ribbon) from the arrangement I bought. When I got home I bundled them together, and placed them on this old drying rack over my window in the bedroom.

On the day of the 1 year anniversary of her passing, one of the Roses from that arrangement was placed on my pillow. I just knew it little hello from my Nana!! I lived alone, there was no vent anywhere near the window, and the rest of the flowers remained perfectly in place.

I had a reading one time, and the guy asked me before hand to concentrate on one thing I wanted to know before our meeting. So I wanted to know if my Nana left me the rose. He proceeded to give me a reading, everything spot on, and at the end he wanted to know what my question was. I asked him if my grandmother had anything to say. He said that at the time she was not able to verbally communicate with him, but that he was getting images. Said that she must have loved gardening, that she was just surrounded by flowers. Well, my grandma was not really an outdoor person so I told him that. He said really, because she keeps showing me beautiful flowers! He asked what specifically it was that I wanted to know, I asked if she left me the rose... Well I'm a literal person, something things need to be spelled out...He laughed and said she had answered, she had showed him roses!

Also, a month after she died, my twin sister was working at Blue Cross Blue shield. She had a box of papers in her hands and it dropped to ground and opened up. Rena went to pick up the pile, and the way it fell on the ground, the top pages were my Nana's! Another Hello!!

So, yeah, I definitely believe!!!

mommicakes Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:50am
post #21 of 68

Wow Lisa, they work in all ways. Had your sister ever felt these feelings before? I whole heartly believe.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:36pm
post #22 of 68

Wow...this is unbelievable stuff. I believe it but it's still so shocking.

lisad1 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 12:57pm
post #23 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommicakes

Wow Lisa, they work in all ways. Had your sister ever felt these feelings before? I whole heartly believe.

Not really, there was a nursery school when we were teens that we would work at, and there was a back bathroom that would make your skin crawl... we both sensed that something bad had happened there. We're not really sensitive as a rule.

My mother and my older sister have seen ghosts. As a matter of fact we have a photo of my mother and her family posing for a photo outside the house she grew up in, and you can see a face of a man in the window (no one was in the house). The Mynahan ghost!! icon_surprised.gif

cmp24 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:23pm
post #24 of 68

My oldest son about a year ago saw a lady in white standing in my bed room as he walked by the door. There were times I heard voices in my room in the middle of the night that would wake me up, and nobody would be there. We moved just 2 houses down about 5 mo ago, and I still hear the same voice from my other house. It now seems louder, and intense on getting it's message across, but all it tells me is He Misses You. I've asked who misses me but it keeps saying over and over he misses you. I've put down a digital recorder to ask the name of the spirit, but it does not happen every night, just every once in a while.

The only person I can think of is a recent X b/f of mine that moved away due to getting out of the Navy. He at one time was engaged and she was killed in a car accident 2 wks before the wedding. Maybe it is her telling me he misses me?

It has my head spinning at times when it happens thats for sure.

mommicakes Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:44pm
post #25 of 68

I am happy that there are others here who feel the same. I had a chair that belonged to my grandfather, sitting in my living room for the longest time. I would look at it, and I swear that I would see the cushion in it move like he just got up or sat down. I have seen shadows pass by doorways, and still hear voices in weird places, they say things that don't make sense at the time, but later on it gets clearer.

Melvira Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:30pm
post #26 of 68

Lisa, welcome to the believers club! Your story is awesome! What a neat little way for Grandma to express how much she loves you! Those are the sweet little ways they let us know they never left us!! It's a good feeling.

I just love all the stories... and I love knowing that you've all been touched this way by someone. It's a powerful thing.

lisad1 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:37pm
post #27 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Lisa, welcome to the believers club! Your story is awesome! What a neat little way for Grandma to express how much she loves you! Those are the sweet little ways they let us know they never left us!! It's a good feeling.

I just love all the stories... and I love knowing that you've all been touched this way by someone. It's a powerful thing.

Thanks for starting it!! I had to show my mother it this morning, she was pretty impressed with the photo of your screen and how it was the perfect image of your beautiful baby! It really is a powerful thing.

All this made me remember another incident that happened earlier this year. Probably one of the most profound, in my life experiences...

My twin sister had post-eclampsia after her last pregnancy. It caused her to have a massive heart attack. It happened on our 43rd Birthday, and they were giving her less than 25% odds of making it. Our family was in the waiting room, and I went to the ladies room. After I washed my hands, I realized I had the single room to myself, and knelt to pray.It started as me praying to God, and then to me talking to my sister. Telling her that I was here with her, holding her hand, and that she was going to make it, and I swear...I felt as if I WAS holding her hand and that it was important to hold it and comfort her. I don't know how long I stayed that way in the bathroom, but I really felt like I would be abandoning her if I stopped. Then all of a sudden I got this sense of calm, so I went out to the waiting room and the doctor had just got out there and said she'd made it through the surgery and that things looked a little more hopeful. Rena has made a remarkable recovery, and by the way that doctor said the next day, that he couldn't believe how well she was doing because she really only had a 5% chance of making it, he wanted us to have hope! And no, Rena didn't remember or sense me there with her, but that's okay, it felt really TRUE and powerful to me.

God, and his angels were with us that day! It was a Catholic Hospital, and there was this big picture on the wall on our way to the cardiac unit. It was of a nun. My mother looked at it, and said OMG, that is the candy stripper that comforted me when you girls were born. My mother had all kinds of specialist come for our birth..it was before sonograms and our heartbeats were perfectly synchronized. They thought she was having one baby with extra limbs, she went through her whole pregnancy worried about us. As they were getting her ready, an old candy stripper
patted her and said not to be afraid, she was just having twins. Well, we came out, 2 pretty little babies. Afterward, she asked the nurse where the candy stripper was, and they said that they didn't have any at this hospital! So, yeah, I am a definite believer that there is life after this one!

Melvira Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:50pm
post #28 of 68

That is so cool! Both stories!! It's funny how these types of experiences can range all the way from 'cute little anecdote' that is interesting to tell at parties to 'life altering event' that can change our entire belief system!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:13pm
post #29 of 68

wow all these stories have me with goosebumps, and most of them also made me cry a little, i've never had any real experience like you guys have, keep the stories coming they're great. You know what else I noticed was on tv the ghost are always bad or evil spirits and that doesnt seem the case at all, every story here is about someone we love just reaching out to us or someone telling us someone we love is ok. Wonderful stories everyone.

Melvira Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:31pm
post #30 of 68

vanna, you are so right! It's always the spirit of someone who was brutally murdered, etc. because that makes good TV I guess. icon_rolleyes.gif They don't figure they can 'sell' a show about a nice old lady who died peacefully after a long happy life, that stops by and quietly visits her grandkids because she loved them, you know? It's always tragedy.

Not to say that I've never encountered a bad spirit or entity before. Trust me, I have. Once you are opened up to it, you can't really control who tries to contact you. Sometimes you might get some unfriendly occurances.

Another very compelling situation in my life was when I was 19... this guy who had a crush on me totally misunderstood what I was 'all about' and for my birthday he went to an old cemetery and stole a really old headstone to give to me. (Ugh... talk about clueless) The horrible, horrible part is that is was from a baby that died at three months old. I was quite upset about this. I put it in the closet until I could figure out what to do... i.e. contact the cemetery, return it in the night, etc. I was afraid of getting into a lot of trouble. Almost immediately I started hearing crying in the middle of the night. I followed the sound, and sure enough, it was coming from the closet. I checked with everyone in the building, no one had a baby, so it wasn't like I was hearing someone's child waking in the middle of the night. A female friend of mine wanted to move in with me, so I warned her about it. She was like, "Oh yah, no problem, I am totally into ghosts, see 'em all the time!" The very first night the baby started to cry (it was in the closet in the room she was sleeping in) so I snuck in there and my new roommate was in a ball in the corner of the room farthest from the closet with a blanket over her head. When I came in she started babbling about the crying, she was almost in tears, mortified. I had to laugh, I couldn't help it. I said, "I TOLD you about this before you moved in!" She then confided in me that she figured I was joking or full of crap. She never expected to honestly hear anything. After a short time I got the stone back to where it belonged and the crying stopped immediately!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%