Lopsided Cupcakes In A Wind Storm

Baking By AlamoSweets Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 3:54am by AlamoSweets

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:29am
post #1 of 6

LOL! I thought the subject line would get your attention! I have a commercial oven (the kind that has the fan that blows the heated air around). I cannot bake cupcakes in it because the wind makes them lopsided! Any solutions from others with the same type of oven would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:16am
post #2 of 6

I have to say, that sounds hysterical! An oven so powerful that it can move the items around within! Is it possible to spin them around half way through baking? I know some people say that opening the oven while baking cupcakes will make them fall but I do it all the time because my oven heats unevenly.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:37am
post #3 of 6

Sounds like my boss ended up in your oven.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 1:45am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakin

Sounds like my boss ended up in your oven.

Malakin: That's tooo funny!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:07am
post #5 of 6

I put my cupcakes on the very bottom rack of my commercial oven. If you wait also until they set just a little, then turn the pan around a half a turn. I also bake everything with the low fan speed to try and keep the "wind blown"look to a minimum

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:54am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone for the replys. I have no adjustment on my fan and it is at the back of the oven so it blows over the pans. I will have to try turning them mid way I guess.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%