Cake Disaster Insurance?!?

Decorating By muddpuppy Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 12:46am by michellenj

muddpuppy Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:20am
post #1 of 5

Ok, so I was watching a wedding show, the kind where they follow the planner though the chaos of the wedding day and the cake delivery guy and the planners assistant slipped while carrying the BEAUTIFUL five tier fully assembled wedding cake and, as you can imagine, the kitchen floor was redecorated with buttercream and smashed cake... But then the planner miraculously announced that it was ok, because the bride had purchased "cake insurance" and the bakery was able to deliver a perfect replica in under an hour.... Ok, so am I confused and he was joking about the insurance thing and just happened to have a great bakery?? Or do people actually offer this? I'm interested if anyone has any info about it..

icon_smile.gif thanks bunches!!

4 replies
moxey2000 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:36am
post #2 of 5

Whoa! I didn't see that show, but I can't imagine, with or without insurance, that a bakery could just 'deliver' another 5 tier cake in an hour. How is that possible? I think this must have been a case where the whole thing was done especially for TV and the second cake was already waiting. Otherwise it just doesn't seem possible.

muddpuppy Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:42am
post #3 of 5

You know I totaly thought that too!! The first thing I did was gasp, then I looked at my BF and said thats so fake, then the wedding planner started to super freak and I believe it again.. lol.. who knows....

mouse13 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:46am
post #4 of 5

Maybe the 2nd one was a dummy cake already ready in case of something happening. That would be crazy to decorate that fast. Maybe they ordered from supermans

michellenj Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:46am
post #5 of 5

That is funny. I'm in catering sales, and once a bride had her cake delivered a day early, and the delivery man brought it to the sales office and said "Just put it in the cooler until tomorrow." Well, little did we know, but it was an ice cream cake, and melted in the walkin overnight, and somehow the person who made it was able to get us another before the wedding. That cake was jinxed, thogh, because the person who made it said that it had had a disaster before reaching the hotel, too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%