An Extra Freezer/fridge Made Just For Your Garage

Decorating By mixinvixen Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 1:16am by tyty

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 5

i highly recommend this model. we purchased it at the first of the year, so i would have space to place my cakes.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04643173000P

the problem with ordinary freezer/fridge is that they are technically made for indoors. when you place them in your garage, the temperature difference throughout the seasons will make it work much harder to keep things cool...and will eventually give up the ghost much faster than it should. they also had the larger part dedicated to the fridge, but i wanted the opposite.

this model had the larger part on the bottom as the freezer. the smaller part on top is a fridge, but can also be converted to freezer by adjusting the temp dial lower. this appliance is also specifically made for the garage, and has insulation that will help it keep the temp steady.

hope this has helped someone.

4 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:18am
post #2 of 5

I had a fridge in my garage this summer and I had to call my brother in a panic to have him move it into my kitchen for me so I could do my cakes for that weekend. It was literally raining inside the fridge due to the high heat and humidity outside. Condensation was developing on the "ceiling" of the fridge (freezer above) and then dripping down. Couldn't put a cake in there! Thanks for sharing the info.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:43am
post #3 of 5

Yes. Thanks for the info. Going to save this. I have been hesitating buying a refrigerator for my garage. The cost is a little expensive but probably worth the cost if it will last longer.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:58am
post #4 of 5

My sister and bil have this exact model in their Pittsburgh garage. They LOVE it. Highly recommended!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:16am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the info. I currently have a chest freezer in my garage, but it's pretty old. I haven't had any problems with it, but the life of appliances is not forever. I was wondering where I could put a cooler for my cakes because the humidity in summer is awful. This may be a prefect solution. May be able to get it a little cheaper at the outlet store which is not to far. I'll have to look for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%