Question For Nc Decorators

Decorating By kzmmom Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 1:44am by Wesha

kzmmom Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 10

I live in the piedmont and have no good decorator supply stores nearby that I'm aware of other than Michael's. I order mostly via internet but if there is a good store nearby (Greensboro/Raleigh area) I'd rather visit it. Where do most of you guys shop? Thanks!

9 replies
tarheelgirl Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 10

I am in the Wilmington area. I mostly shop online.. but for my boxes and boards or other simple items I may need.. Party Suppliers!! I'm not sure of the other locations they have.

born2bake Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 10

I live in Chapel Hill and 90% of my products are bought at Michael's or AC Moore using coupons. The other 10% which I consider specialty items (specific type of cookies cutters, Tylos, molds, etc.), I have to order on line as I haven't been able to find them in this area. There are a few stores, I believe that are paper product type items for cake boxes, etc., but depending on many you, Michael's / AC Moore and the coupon thing may still be cheaper. I can only hope someone else from this area knows of a place because I'd like to check it out.

Also, what I have done when shopping on line is compare prices and S&H costs, sometimes you can get a better deal by doing this and checking the clearance section of these websites.

Last, I'm also always looking for show, but the last one I found was on the other side of Charlotte and I couldn't justify driving 4 hours, hotel, and 4 hours back. You'd think as big as this area has grown, more things like this would be in the area.

B2B

tarheelgirl Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 10

Oh yes! AC Moore is awesome here too! I find that their boxes and boards are high. I have used coupons for every tool and item that I've bought from AC Moore!

Juliequeen Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 10

Hi there I too live in the piedmont area of NC. However I live closer to SC than Raleigh. Having said that I just want to let you know about a store I visit in Fayetteville NC. It is called Crafts, Frames ân Things. They carry a little more in the way of specialty items and even carry Satin Ice fondant, though they will not special order it pre colored. Just thought Iâd share, even if it doesnât help you out maybe it can help someone who might be in a pinch with no time to order online.

I posted this question in a thread a year or so ago and Doug came to my rescue. I am eternally grateful. Thanks Doug!

tblide Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 6:23pm
post #6 of 10

OHHH I love that store. They have almost 3 aisles of cake decorating stuff. If you are driving some distance, they recommend that you call to make sure that they have what you need in stock. Just google it and they have a website. They even offer classes. To be a small store they sure pack a lot of stuff in there.

Juliequeen Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 10

Yes, calling first is a MUST!!!! Been there done that.

cdwells Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:28pm
post #8 of 10

There is a cake shop in High Point that carries all the good stuff! American Color, high ratio shorting, luster dust and more. It's call Crawford Creations on South Main. Call before you go!

tarheel Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:31am
post #9 of 10

I've heard that there is a place near Greensboro that sells boxes. Does anyone know where it is. I think you have to be a business to buy but shouldn't we qualify with our cake businesses?

Wesha Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:44am
post #10 of 10

There is a place in Cary/Raleigh called If Its Paper. They sell all the cake boards and boxes that you will ever need for dirt cheap. The staff is also friendly.

Wesha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%