Making Two Color Lollipops??

Sugar Work By auntginn Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 4:12am by auntginn

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 7:02am
post #1 of 4

I am making hard candy lollipop roses from molds. I want the leaves to be green (naturally) but can't seem to achieve this before the candy syrup hardens.

The way I have tried is to fill the cavity of the rose with its colored syrup and when I get to the leaves add some of the green, but it makes a mess and I waste a lot of candy. So then I've tried to just add food coloring directly to the leaf cavity, but I don't get the look I would like to achieve.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

3 replies
banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 4

auntginn just wondering do you manage to figure this one out, it has me stumped.

I was thinking if you just did one colour first and left it to harden in the mold and then did the next colour and just poured it into the mold next to the previously hardend colour that might work?

The heat from the second candy colour would just "meld" straight onto the already hardend one.

monica7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monica7 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:05am
post #3 of 4

I agree. When I do chocolate lollipops, I "color" in the cavities, quick freeze the entire mold by placing it in the freezer, then fill with the "majority" color and refrigerate to set. Hope that helps.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 4:12am
post #4 of 4

Oh sorry guys, I don't remember seeing a notice about this forum topic.

I kept playimg with the sugar. I don't have a lot of molds to do what I was trying to do. But I did figure out this one.

Like bamba said. first fill the cavity of the leaves and allow to dry, then the actual rose portion.

The trick is this. If the sugar mixture gets hard (and it will) all you have to do is cover your container with plastic wrap and heat it up in the microwave. I did mine 30 seconds at a time until it melted back up and I could pour it.

Worked great!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%