Cream Cheese Frosting Question - Please Help!!!!

Decorating By summerolivia Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 6:34am by ceshell

summerolivia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summerolivia Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 6:21am
post #1 of 3

How ling can cream cheese frosting sit at room temperature if it is covered with fondant? I just finished a cake that will not be eaten until 2:00 tomorrow. Should I put it in the refrigerator, or will the fondant get ruined if I do that? Please Help??? I want to go to bed! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 6:29am
post #2 of 3

It depends on what kind of fondant you used, if it's wilton DON'T REFRIGRATE!!! it will get ruined, satin ice is ok for the fridge, I personally always refrigerate all of my cakes no matter what filling I use but I'm not sure if the icing can hold the FL heat, sorry I can't help more icon_sad.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 6:34am
post #3 of 3

Ah you poor thing! How stressful! My first thought was to ask what cream cheese icing recipe you used, and also what fondant did you use? And are there fondant deco's or is it just plain, covered w/fondant.

But then you know what anyway...I'd refrigerate, and take the cake out tomorrow a few hours early to allow plenty of time to dry. I have seen a few here that box it up in cardboard before refrigerating, I would think so that the cardboard kind of acts as a filter for the moisture (don't quote me on that). I have refrigerated MMF cakes (worst case scenario; MMF doesn't like being refrigerated much but...what can you do) overnight and they are fine the next day, just don't touch them while they are coming to room temp. If you used another recipe (michelle foster's, or satin ice) then you are actually totally fine to refrigerate, those refrigerate great.

If you can hold off on any 3-D mmf decorations that would be ideal as they will get soft and saggy, but anything 2d on the cake would be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%