Need Help With Stacking Bundts

Decorating By tabitwhe Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 4:44am by ceshell

tabitwhe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabitwhe Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 4:42am
post #1 of 7

I am going to attempt to make my DD the cute pumpkin cake with the black cats around it.

My question is, when I put the 2 bundt cakes together, do I dowel it and put a cake board between the layers?

I was thinking I should but didnt know 100% so I thought I would come to the experts!

Oh the party is next weekend icon_confused.gif

6 replies
redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 4:49am
post #2 of 7

I think it is a lot easier to serve if you put a cake board between the two cakes. I don't know if doweling is absolutely necessary, but I think it does result in a more stable cake.

What I did was use a cake board with a circle cut out, which allowed me to put the stem on the end of a section of paper towel roll tube, which was put through the hole in the center of the cake, all the way down to the board. That made the cake nice and stable, and unlikely to slide during transport.

tabitwhe Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 4:51am
post #3 of 7

Thank you for the tips!

Luckily I wont have to transport because we are having the party at home.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 6:06am
post #4 of 7

I've never used a cake board or dowels with this cake.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 6:09am
post #5 of 7

I doweled and boarded too. Although I agree that it's not a requirement, it indeed made cutting and serving easier, plus it also allows you to bake two different flavors if you're so inclined. I think I used four dowels plus a center dowel, but I was traveling 60 miles with it.

tabitwhe Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:44am
post #6 of 7

Thank you for your help!

I think I will atleast dowel and use the cake board. Dont think I will do a center dowel.

Thanks again

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 4:44am
post #7 of 7

Oh goodness no, you don't need a center dowel for a cake at home icon_smile.gif. Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%