Sugar Cookie Between Cake Layers

Decorating By suzie1962 Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 8:24am by fondantfrenzy

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:54am
post #61 of 206

WOW! This is awesome, I'm trying it TODAY!!!!! Thanks for the info!

ginger

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:16am
post #62 of 206

would this work with ganache instead of BC in the middle? Just wondering...

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:43am
post #63 of 206

Thank you so much for this post! I'm so happy that my DD's birthday is on Friday and family are coming over for cake!! Cake that WILL have a cookie in the middle!!!

I'm just going to use the NFSC recipe since I need to make some other cookies as well! icon_smile.gif

dizzy94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dizzy94 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:53am
post #64 of 206

Hi everyone,
this idea sounds amazing!
My hubby always wants carrot cake for his birthday and I am going to try spice cookie for his but my Step-dad likes cakes that are not too sweet. I have a chocolate recipe that is heavy, moist and not too sweet but wondering if I put a peanut butter cookie in the middle what could I use for over and under the cookie that wouldnt add too much "sweetness" to the cake? Normally I would do a whipped cream type frosting to keep it mild but I dont know how well that would hold up between the cookie and cake.
I also have a friend that is a peanut butter cup lover who always says "add more peanut butter" no matter how much I put in so for his cake could I use straight peanut butter between the cookie and cake?
I dont know much about the chemistry of the cake/cookie combo but do see it can dry out the cake.
thanks
Melanie

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:43pm
post #65 of 206

What is Bettercream??

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:14pm
post #66 of 206

Bettercream.. Is pure heaven ! Its a frozen whipped topping you buy, and can add lots of different flavors to it, Theres a thread about it called bettercreme fun I think? Also lots of talk about it on the very long cuppy thread. You can use it for filling and pipe simple decor with it. Its called Riches bettercreme !

MissRobin Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:33pm
post #67 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Bettercream.. Is pure heaven ! Its a frozen whipped topping you buy, and can add lots of different flavors to it, Theres a thread about it called bettercreme fun I think? Also lots of talk about it on the very long cuppy thread. You can use it for filling and pipe simple decor with it. Its called Riches bettercreme !

Sounds awesome! Where do you get it and is it just used for filling or can you ice cake with it? I saw some Cream in a carton yesterday in the frozen food section that was Rich's brand, it was carton like heavy cream comes in, is that it?? Tell me more, sounds very interesting!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

m_t_arrington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_t_arrington Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:00pm
post #68 of 206

For a GREAT not too sweet peanut butter filling add peanut butter to some Italian Meringue......I cannot tell you how good it is! I actually replace some of the butter in the recipe with PB and then add some extra PB. Too die for![/quote]

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:26pm
post #69 of 206

Ohh thank you for the suggestions on what type of cookie would go with a carrot cake!! I will try it this weekend! thank you again!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm
post #70 of 206

MissRobin, here you go... this will start you down the path to Bettercreme addiction! If you have any further questions, you know where to find me! thumbs_up.gif

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601193.html

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:53pm
post #71 of 206

I made a choco fudge cake 2 weeks ago that I put a pb cookie in the middle and I layered it with choco ganache. It was for hubbies birthday and he loved it. He always has choco cake for his birthday and he has been bugging me for pb cookies so I combined the 2. Can't wait to try some more flavors. Jaime

MissRobin Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:57pm
post #72 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

MissRobin, here you go... this will start you down the path to Bettercreme addiction! If you have any further questions, you know where to find me! thumbs_up.gif

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601193.html

Thanks Melvira!!!!! I will read it !

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:20pm
post #73 of 206

Oh yum, now I want cake instead of cupcakes for my birthday (Wellllll...maybe I'll make the cake for me, and serve cupcakes to everyone else... icon_wink.gif it is my b-day after all, lol)

Do you spray the pan like you do a cake in order to make the cookie?

Melvira Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:11pm
post #74 of 206

When I do a cookie in a pan I always use a parchment sheet cut to size. But if you're doing it in a pan with sides (I use a pizza pan, then cut to size so there are no hard edges... I suggest that highly) put a little spray on the sides to prevent sticking.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:19pm
post #75 of 206

I like to make cookies and then chop them up and mix them into buttercream and put as a filling. It's so good. I did butter cake with white chocolate macadamia nut cookie/buttercream filling. so good!!

Ladybug121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug121 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:39pm
post #76 of 206

That cookie in the middle cake sounds and looks amazing! I can't wait to try it! Thanks so much for sharing! thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:18pm
post #77 of 206

MissRobin.. Mel is our Queen of bettercreme we all learn all the secrets from her. Its all her fault we all love it so much !

Melvira Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:31pm
post #78 of 206

icon_redface.gif I can't help it... the stuff is phenomenal. You can do anything with it. And you cannot do anything bad. Almost a guarantee, anything you do with it will knock your socks off!!

fiddlesticks Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 6:33pm
post #79 of 206

Yep, I added it as a simple decor on a marble cheesecake this weekend and Of course it was a hit !

MissRobin Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 8:30pm
post #80 of 206
Quote:

MissRobin.. Mel is our Queen of bettercreme we all learn all the secrets from her. Its all her fault we all love it so much !

OK, you guys have really got my interest peaked, I am going to read up on the thread Mel gave me and soak it all in!! I think my local grocery store carries it, I am not sure if that is what it is, but it is in a quart container in the freezer section and says Rich's on it???

fiddlesticks Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 8:33pm
post #81 of 206

Its the pink and white carton ( 32 oz) and says Riches bettercreme ! Get the stuff you have to whip ! Not the prewhipped thats like cool whip, Its not as good !

fiddlesticks Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 8:39pm
post #82 of 206

Ok I just looked at mine it also says Vanilla non dairy icing/filling.
The one you dont want is the blue container, Well unless thats all they have and you want to try it but the vanilla pink and white carton is the best you mix it your self and before you mix it you can add any flavor syrups you want any hershey flavors are very good! Theres just so much you can do with it, and its fast and easy to use to!

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 9:47pm
post #83 of 206

This may be a stupid question, but can you cook your cookie in your cake pan, so it will be the same size as the cake? I know that you could probably just lay the pan over the cookie and cut it to size after the cookie has cooked, but I'm lazy& don't want to throw out cookie scraps. Most of my pans are magic line. Would this hurt the pan? Would the cookie bake right?

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:01pm
post #84 of 206

i bake cookies in my cake pans all the time. i actually have a cake pan that is made for large cookies (so i guess it's really a cookie pan icon_redface.gif )

Melvira Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:03pm
post #85 of 206

Oh heck yeah, you can bake your cookies in any cake pans! You can even do them in character pans if you want. thumbs_up.gif (Yes, buttercream decorated sugar cookie again. Mmmmmmm...)

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:20pm
post #86 of 206

I'm trying it out for my neighbor -- I'll be eating it Thursday night icon_biggrin.gif
(Chocolate cake with a sugar cookie. It's a surprise and I'm not sure if she likes peanut butter).

I bought oatmeal cookie mix to try in a butter pecan cake! (Sounded irresistable to me).

I'm going to bake my cookie in the cake pan with parchment, Pam, and Bake Even strips to help keep the sides soft.

jonahsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmommy Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:20pm
post #87 of 206

What a great idea....I wonder if there is a good mocha cookie recipe I can use with a mocha cake. I have to make a mocha cake as 1 tier on a wedding cake and she wants chocolate fudge buttercream on the whole cake and it overpowers every mocha cake recipe I have and maybe I could use the cookie idea to enhance the cake more....what do you guys think any ideas???

Thanks

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:18am
post #88 of 206

What about adding mini-chocolate chips to a sugar cookie mix?

Ooooo, how about a sugar cookie with Kahlua mixed in...

Eh, well, I gave it a valiant effort icon_rolleyes.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:28am
post #89 of 206

The possiblities seem endless!!!! I'm thinking choc. fudge cake with a peanut butter cookie, and chocolate icing, the top decorated with mini peanut butter cups...Happy Birthday to Me!!!!!!!!

MissRobin Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:25pm
post #90 of 206
Quote:

Its the pink and white carton ( 32 oz) and says Riches bettercreme ! Get the stuff you have to whip ! Not the prewhipped thats like cool whip, Its not as good !

Oh Darn! The one that my store carries is a blue and white quart and it says, Rich's Coffee Rich Non Dairy Creamer. I read on the back of the carton it says you can substitute for heavy cream, 1/2 & 1/2 etc. I guess it won't work. Maybe I will ask the owner of the store if he can get it, they are pretty good about doing that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%