Gumpaste?

Decorating By Tracy71 Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm by cashley

Tracy71 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 7

What is the best recipe for gumpaste to make figurines? I am just starting to try these and I need the best recipe. Can anyone help?

6 replies
Sweet_Guys Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, Tracy---

Although we haven't tried it yet (going to experiment tomorrow), I've heard that Nicholas Lodge's recipe on his website is the best for high humidity locales like our good ole central Florida. Perhaps in the heat of New Mexico it might work for you, too!

Paul & Peter

jjkarm Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 7

I have a couple different recipes for gum paste I like to use, Nicholas Lodge's is one of them. I have found it works great for flowers or things you want to dry fairly quickly. If you mix it 50/50 with fondant it seems to work a little better for making figurines.

I have a different gum paste recipe I use for making figures though. It seems to be a little more elastic in texture and it doesn't dry as quickly. It's easier to roll it into a smooth ball without having any of the creases show. The recipe is a little more involved than Nicholas Lodge's and it also isn't quite as white in color. If you want the recipe I can PM it to you. thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 3:51am
post #4 of 7

I hate to barge in but if you have the time jjkarm I would love to have a copy of that recipe too!

TIA

Tracy71 Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 7

I can't seem to locate Nicholas Lodge's recipe. Does anyone have the link?

cashley Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 7

Here is Nicholas Lodge link
http://www.nicholaslodge.com/gumpaste.htm

cashley Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkarm

I have a couple different recipes for gum paste I like to use, Nicholas Lodge's is one of them. I have found it works great for flowers or things you want to dry fairly quickly. If you mix it 50/50 with fondant it seems to work a little better for making figurines.

I have a different gum paste recipe I use for making figures though. It seems to be a little more elastic in texture and it doesn't dry as quickly. It's easier to roll it into a smooth ball without having any of the creases show. The recipe is a little more involved than Nicholas Lodge's and it also isn't quite as white in color. If you want the recipe I can PM it to you. thumbs_up.gif

Would love a copy of your recipe if you don't mind sharing, would be much appreciated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%