Animal Help!!!!

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 12:50am by lkoenig07

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 5

For my twins' first birthday, I want this to be the theme: http://www.simplybirthdaystuff.com/zoocrfiinin4.html. However, I am having a tough time getting the animals to look right with fondant. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can make them or have any tutorials? Thanks!!

4 replies
rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 2:50am
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure which animals you want to make but aine2 has some great tutorials on youtube! I found that mixing a little gumtext powder with my fondant helps the fondant set up better. Polymer clay books are great for instructions in making animals, too!

lkoenig07 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:30am
post #3 of 5

I want to make the animals on the invites from this link:

http://www.simplybirthdaystuff.com/zoocrfiinin4.html

I've searched on YouTube under Aine2 & haven't found any how-to videos for making jungle animals. I've looked everywhere & can't find anything.

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:47am
post #4 of 5

I think that the easiest way to learn is to watch all the tutorials on any animal you can find. If you search youtube under fondant animals, a lot will show up. Once you have the general idea of structure, you can create just about anything.

I also use tylose mixed with my fondant. If you can't get it, try a 50/50 mix of fondant and gumpaste. It will be easier to work with and dry a LOT faster.

HTH
icon_biggrin.gif

lkoenig07 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 12:50am
post #5 of 5

I've searched 'fondant animals' under YouTube tons of times now & haven't received the results I'm looking for. I want to know how to make jungle/safari animals (alligators, lions, giraffes, etc.), not pigs, frogs, dogs, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%