Fence-How Do I?

Decorating By harrisonsmama Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 2:11am by Horselady

harrisonsmama Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 4

Hey CCers,

I have made a 3-d barn for a Kentucky derby-type race in Virginia this weekend. My client wants a fence around the outside and I am wondering how I can erect it onto the cake board so it will be sturdy and won't fall in transit. I was thinking of making it out of gumpaste, poking bamboo skewers through the posts for stability and as an anchor that would be pushed into the cake board. Any suggestions?

3 replies
hope22023 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 4

the large tootsie rolls work great for fences. I used them recently on a tractor cake and they were surprisingly sturdy.

kakeladi Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 7:56am
post #3 of 4

I take it this fence is not going to be against a cake but free standing right?

Tootsie rolls is good as would be gp 'logs'.
Pretzel sticks!

Horselady Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:11am
post #4 of 4

I like the gumpaste with the toothpicks through it, and then trough the boards... You could even make them like the post and rail fence where the post has three "holes" in it, and the rails are sit in the holes...If you look it up on line, you'll get an idea of what it looks like. I think that would be the easiest way to make sure it stays if you make sure you make the rails longer and put them in, then the posts, etc....Maybe hot glue and tooth pick the posts to the cake board?

Quote by @%username% on %date%