I Need A New Toy!!!

Decorating By saberger Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm by saberger

saberger Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone! I would like your input, if I may. My DH gave me a gift card, for my b-day, to use anywhere and for anything I would like. I immediately thought of 2 things, of course....cakes and a babysitter! icon_smile.gif

What I would like are some suggestions as to what I should buy (cake-wise) to play with or to at least have down the road. I was going to get the pasta attachment for my KA, but DH said that since it is 'part of the kitchen' it is for the whole family and I don't have to use b-day $ for it (how cool is that?!?!). I have played with chocolate transfers, sugar veil, fondant, gumpaste....what else is there? I was thinking airbrushing or silicone molds.

Since it is hard for me to get to classes, I have also been getting books and DVDs in order for me to learn. I do A LOT of research online, too. Should i be practical (esp. in this economy) and get cake boards and boxes and things like that? Or is there something I can splurge on and play with?

I can't wait to find something to play with!!!! Okay that's it...THANK YOU!!!

5 replies
Renaejrk Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 6

I got an airbrush last year and love it! Depending on how much he gave you, you could get the airbrush & compressor, and a set of airbrush colors, etc. Who knows, maybe you'd even have some left for boxes? I know a lot of people have gotten the kopykake? brand, but I went to airbrush city and they have awesome deals - I even got an extra airbrush out of the deal! Have fun!

dellboi2u Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:34pm
post #3 of 6

I love my airbrusher!!! Another idea could be an edible image printer.... Again, depends on the amount you have.

saberger Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 6

should I get it there or just try one from Michaels/ACMoore?

saberger Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 6

have the printer already. I just checked airbrush city...do I need all of that? the compressor and stuff? I am clueless.

saberger Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 6

I just discovered the whole chocolate covered oreas thing.....cool! Just got some molds for that. Anybody have a favorite toy out there? Something new for me to try? PLEASE!?!?!

Quote by @%username% on %date%