Cookies How To Do

Baking By tp122579 Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 12:42pm by SILVERCAT

tp122579 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 4

Inoticed that some people say they don't outline their cookies can anyone give information on this technique, and how do you keep it from running off the cookies.
Thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
OhioBaker Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 4

Well, you really do outline them, but you just fill immediately. You don't let the outline set up.

If you find the right consistency of icing, you can outline and fill all at the same time.

If you let the outline harden and then fill, you get a distinct line separation, which doesn't look well on the finished product.

HTH
icon_biggrin.gif

Ro40 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 4

You have to have the right consistency royal icing. When it drizzles into the bowl, it shouldn't disappear immediately it should be gone by the time you count to 5. I then put it in a squeeze bottle and outline the shape I want and then fill all at the same time. I don't wait for the outline to dry. If my cookies are not going to have a border (like a baseball) then I will outline, let it dry and fill it in. I feel like cookies always need some sort of border.

SILVERCAT Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 4

What I do is, use medium strength RI for outline. I find the stiff is just too stiff and my hands hurt after I do my cookies, no fun. I than outline about six cookies. Than I flood the area with thinned icing. once dry the outline isn't as visible. Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%