Sleep Deprived 2 Yr. Old Help!!!!!!

Lounge By Ah-na Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 12:34am by jescapades

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 6

I have a 2 year old little angel..........except n the morning. She as been consistently waking up earlier every week for the last few monts. At first it was 7 then 6:30 then 6 no 5:30. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I tried putting er to bed later but she will wake up at the same time every day no matter what. Obviously it affects me but it also affects her, she's grumpy until nap time. Any suggestions PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 replies
sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 6

coffee and cigerattes. That's my suggestion. I have a 2 year old that doesn't nap anymore, ever. I work 3rd shift, and so my DH has spoiled our son and he will only sleep with Daddy. We took down the crib and didn't even bother getting him his own bed. It would of been a waste of money. So, like I said in the begining- coffee and cigerattes. icon_wink.gif

P.S. the coffee is for her (caffeine crash) and the cigerattes are for you to smoke outside while your DD is running around nuts before the caffeine crash. icon_lol.gif

( I definetely should teach a modern parenting class )

But all kidding aside, this is a faze. Once she enters another growth spirt she will crash out and catch up. She may be starting to enter one now. Good luck and deep breaths Mama. You'll get through this. icon_smile.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 6

Yeah it's a faze. My DD's used to do that and there was no way I was getting up at 5:30 in the morning so I just made sure the baby gate was up in their room and their TV was on. That way I got to sleep for a couple more hours.

I completely understand why she'd be cranky, so you might have to push nap time up a little bit. That way she gets the rest she needs. Trust me it will get better. My DD's now don't want to get up in the morning. (They are 9, 4 1/2, and almost 3) They are such bears. They definately love to sleep now.

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 6

I have two children. The first slept right through the night after the third day home for hospital and still does. She needs like 10 hrs a night.

Baby number two needs like 5 hrs a night and stopped napping about a year old. She is a live wire from the time she gets up to the time she goes to bed.

She just doesn't need the sleep and some kids are just like that.

ERdocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ERdocmom Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 12:26am
post #5 of 6

Lot's of coffee for you!!!!! I have 3 awesome kids, but none of them nap and need much sleep. Nonetheless, it is very difficult-especially when you're sleep deprived from working and the baby still getting up in the middle of the night for bottles when they are already 1! I'm going on a stretch of over 24 hrs without sleep due to work and the kids and I wish I had a solution! However, I was told "the days are long, but the yrs fly by"...... right now I'm on my 2nd pot of coffee :>

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 12:34am
post #6 of 6

put her to bed earlier, not later. it sounds like it doesn't make sense, but it's actually been proven that if you put your infants/toddlers to bed earlier, they will sleep later. try it, and see if it works. but don't just throw her in bed an hour earlier or whatever, push bedtime up by 10-15 minutes each day until you get her to the time you want. that way, it's not a shock to the system.

good luck! i have 3 year old twin boys and one always sleeps in and the other is an early riser. which is weird because when they were babies, they were the opposite.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%