Cheesecake In Cake!

Baking By kansaswolf Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 3:34am by cakesdivine

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 8:27am
post #1 of 6

Don't know if this is a tried-and-true method that I'd just never heard of, but it was SO TASTY I thought I'd share!

I baked and torted two 8 inch round Dark Chocolate cakes. I put a buttercream dam around the edge before filling with INSTANT CHEESECAKE FILLING (only adding 3/4 the amount of milk called for), then icing with cream cheese frosting!

Not cheesecake pudding or anything, but the mix that makes cheesecake consistency... It held up AWESOME, no oozing, and the taste was so great! I *WILL* be making this again! (And it goes great with my cream cheese fondant, too! icon_biggrin.gif )

5 replies
Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 8:55am
post #2 of 6

Sounds DEEElicious!!! I don't have the instant cheesecake packages available...but I'll work with the poor man's version of making vanilla instant with buttermilk. Thanks for the great idea!!! thumbs_up.gif

SouthernSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SouthernSugar Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 9:32am
post #3 of 6

I use cheesecake as a filling in spice and carrot cakes. Oh yummmmmmmmm. Nobody can eat much since it is so rich but everyone loves it.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 6

I have used the new ready cheesecake filling from Philadelphia brand creamcheese in both vanilla and chocolate as a filling. I also do a european cheese cake which is two layers of cake filled with a NY style baked cheese cake in the center. This goes over really well, just bake the cheesecake without the graham cracker crust.

MissJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 12:22am
post #5 of 6

These all sound great....but what typeof icing/frosting would you sggest I use for these cakes?

MissJ icon_biggrin.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:34am
post #6 of 6

I use my normal meringue based buttercream

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%