Sandcastle Wedding Cake Ideas

Decorating By blues-butterfly66 Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 1:03am by blues-butterfly66

blues-butterfly66 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 6:37am
post #1 of 9

Need any and all ideas for a large Sandcastle Wedding Cake . Approximately 200-300 guest . If anyone has ideas or photo's please respond to topic . Thanks !!

8 replies
FeGe_Cakes Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 6:55am
post #2 of 9

On "Ace of Cakes" tonight, they just did a Sandcastle wedding cake. They also did one on "Amazing Wedding Cakes". The Cake Divas did a huge cake with sea shells and such.

Both were pretty cool.

Go to Google images and type "sand castle wedding cake". There are a lot to get ideas from.

Good Luck!

jonahsmommy Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 9

Yeah that was a pretty awesome sandcastle cake they did on Ace of cakes and they used graham cracker crumbs for the sand.

dellboi2u Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 9

I really liked the cake Charm City Cakes did much better than the Cake Divas. I liked how they used piping gel on the fondant to get the crumbs to stick.... It was great!

Jayde Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 9

I think the hardest part would be sculpting the cake, but on the other hand its a sand castle, its not supposed to be perfect.

I would make it rather tall, with different tier sizes, from 14-in all the way down to 4-in. Just carve away slowly, and make sure that it flows together. You can probably find several pictures for inspiration, on this site as well as others. Just make doubly sure that your cake is supported adequately with dowels or supports.

A heavy coating of BC icing, and then a generous dusting of crushed graham cracker crumbs will help with that 'sand like' texture. Decorate at will with chocolate sea shells, and royal icing seaweed.

MacsMom Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 9

On Ace of Cakes, they also airbrushed some black (very lightly) just to give the sand more depth. It made it very realistic looking. The episode will probably be repeated Sunday or Tuesday.

Here are some others...

jonahsmommy Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 9

wow I really like the edith myer pic of the sandcastle it's so realistic and beautiful...I believe it would be alot of fun doing a sandcastle cake on ace of cakes they also did a cobble stone effect on the fondant before adding the crumbs and everything to help give it a nice effect too. We want to see pics when you do one icon_biggrin.gif

Baking_Booth Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:07am
post #8 of 9

The edith meyer is my fav too! So realistic. It's a tough call on what type to make. You might ask if they want a realistic one like that or more of a fantasy one like the pics.

blues-butterfly66 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:03am
post #9 of 9

Thank you all for your help and for the beautiful pictures sent !!!!!! Please keep them coming ; Thanks !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%