Looking For A Book.

Decorating By Sugarflowers Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 3:47pm by Sugarflowers

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:53am
post #1 of 6

I have or had a book that I got in the late '90s but I don't remember the name, the author or much else. I know, this is no help. It has instructions for making flowers, some stringwork, and is from the UK. I thought it was a Lesley Herbert book, but I looked up her work and I have her books.

There is a photo of a cake about 3/4 of the way through the book that is an elongated octagon with a small amount of string work on the side, some brush embroidery up to the gumpaste flowers. I think some of the flowers were purple. I'm pretty sure it is a hardback book, but not positive. There is a possibility that it is published by Merehurst.

If anyone has any idea of the name of this book and where I might be able to get it I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks for helping a crazy woman.

Michele

5 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:28am
post #2 of 6

aaaaaargh...I can't look through my books until tomorrow...I moved them to a room off of our bedroom...I don't want to wake DH icon_wink.gif

I was thinking that was a howard book though(I don't know ...I'm just trying to picture the name on the book I'm thinking it may be...)

lol...okay, so Coward is the name I was thinking not Howard...

Sugarflowers Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 6:55am
post #3 of 6

Are you thinking Cynthia Coward? That's definitely a possibilty. Thanks!

Michele

SouthernSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SouthernSugar Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 7:10am
post #4 of 6

I think it is Sylvia Coward, but the name is escaping me as well, not sure if it is her Advanced Cake Decorating or an australian book she wrote with someone else. I have it somewhere but I am still unpacking. I'll check back on this thread once I get to those boxes and see if you figured it out.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 10:52am
post #5 of 6

Michele, I am terribly sorry! I no longer have that in my possession.

Sugarflowers Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:47pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Michele, I am terribly sorry! I no longer have that in my possession.

Thank you so much for looking. I know it was a huge request.

SouthernSugar, it is Sylvia Coward, I guess I was thinking of Cynthia Venn. I have looked through a LOT of books and I'm not very good at remembering names. icon_redface.gif

Thanks again for the help. I can keep looking and have a different direction.

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%