Black Fondant?

Decorating By scrapperjade Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 4:00am by wrightway777

scrapperjade Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:06am
post #1 of 6

How do I make black fondant? Is this possible? I think I've seen Wilton fondant (which I know is yucky) in black at Michaels... should i just get that?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

5 replies
sari66 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:06am
post #2 of 6

Satin Ice makes some and I just ordered some today from global sugar arts. If you make your own start with chocolate fondant then make black

scrapperjade Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:28am
post #3 of 6

Thank you! I'll do it the chocolate way, this will be the first time making fondant, so I want to practice before buying anything online!

sweetisome Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:38am
post #4 of 6

I too just purchaced some black Satin Ice from Global Sugar , but I have to say I'm a little wary...I had some trouble with some SI recently...I'm hoping to not run into the same issue!

JenniferL Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:49am
post #5 of 6

I've been using the SI black fondant and really like it. It's a little soft, but pretty easy to work with.

wrightway777 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:00am
post #6 of 6

I'm not sure the size of your project but if you are working on a small item (like a figure and in a pinch) you could make some chocolate clay (aka chocolate plastique, etc) and tint it with black candy color. Easy.

Larger project - yeah, I like Satin Ice fondant - also try Chocopan. Stay clear away from Wilton fondant unless its not going to be eaten or you just want to practice with it - taste is beyond gross.

Quote by @%username% on %date%