Whose Cake Do You Want To Taste?

Decorating By 3GCakes Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 12:43pm by sarahpierce

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 16

I want to taste a Margaret Braun cake. Baroque in Patent Leather will do.

Wouldn't mind tasting a Duff or Amazing Mike, but....would rather
a K8Memphis cake, then a Tonedna cake, and to make sure I get enough spectrum of flavors, one of Indydebis.....ahh the list goes on.

Whose do you want to taste?

15 replies
TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 16

Even though I use her recipes, Sylvia Weinstock. Absolutely! icon_smile.gif

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 16

I would definitely like to try one from Ace of Cakes. I want to know how many inches deep that fondant is and if the cake actually tastes as good as it looks.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 16

I would like to taste a Ron Ben Israel cake, but so many of the cakes on CC sound so yummy!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:00am
post #5 of 16

I would have to say Bronwen Weber's because she's local and then maybe I'd get to meet her too! Although I will say that I've heard from wedding photographer that her cake is dry, and she's had the cake at several weddings.

Next would be Mike McGary, then Duff. That would be a fun trip - Seattle to Baltimore, starting in Dallas! icon_smile.gif Anyone wanna buy me a plane ticket, haha...

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:19am
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriMc

I would definitely like to try one from Ace of Cakes. I want to know how many inches deep that fondant is and if the cake actually tastes as good as it looks.

lol...inches of fondant....goodness...makes me think of fondant as more of something to pave a road with than cover a cake.....

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:25am
post #7 of 16

Mike is my favorite decorator....so I guess his, although somehow his cake in his car dvd didn't look real appetizing. But I guess no cake really does, in its bare form! LOL....

Frankly I like my own cakes....haha....or fancy dessert cakes like the chocolate cake at Maggiano's...yummy...that's enough for me! I'm almost afraid if I tried the cake of a "big name" I'd be sorely disappointed.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:41am
post #8 of 16

Marina Sousa. On the Food Network Challenge, her chocolate cake looked to die for.

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:45am
post #9 of 16

I want to taste Duff's cakes...he has SO MANY flavors, and I want to try all of them. If I had to narrow it down, it would be his regular yellow, red velvet, pumpkin, and chai (I think he has this flavor).

Also I would like to try Warren Brown's (Cake Love) cakes.

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:48am
post #10 of 16

i was looking through Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes book...so I'm dying to try her Mocha Spice Cake (it looks so dense and moist in the book)

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:49am
post #11 of 16

I would love to try Indydebi's cake, Sugarshack, Bronwen Weber, Elisa Strauss, Duff and the list goes on for me also....

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 1:01am
post #12 of 16

I'd like to taste a cake by Boonenati, ThanhThanh, Carrie Biggers, Norm Davis or Rebecca Sutterby.

vmertsock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmertsock Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 1:23am
post #13 of 16

I've had the pleasure of eating cakes by Ron Ben Israel, Elisa Strauss, Colette Peters, Buddy Valastro and Kate Sullivan but I must say I'd love to sample much of the work I've seen here! There are so many fantastic looking and sounding cakes I can't begin to choose!

nicolepa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolepa Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:53am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Mike is my favorite decorator....so I guess his, although somehow his cake in his car dvd didn't look real appetizing. But I guess no cake really does, in its bare form! LOL....

His lemon cake is wonderful. I can still taste it 12 years later.... I am thinking of having him do my husbands cake for his 40th birthday.

Rachael1013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachael1013 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:13am
post #15 of 16

I want Cupcake Envy!!!! My birthday was Monday and I told my husband all I wanted was cupcakes from Cupcake Envy. Of course he didn't listen, so I didn't get any... Oh well! I will get them...one way or another...

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:43pm
post #16 of 16

Paula Dean. We're talking taste and not looks, right? I love me some good ol' country cooking. Her desserts look awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%