Ck Products Gumpaste? Any Good?

Decorating By Horselady Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 3:10am by Horselady

Horselady Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone know if the CK Products Gumpaste is any good, or is it a "you get what you pay for?"

4 replies
Sweet_Guys Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 5

We use CK Products all the time. We were using the Bakels gumpaste. However, since we live in the South, it was recommended that we use Nicholas Lodge's recipe as it will hold up well in humidity.

Paul & Peter

Horselady Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 5

CK Products makes a 1 pound bag that is only 2.99....just add water...Super Cheap, but if it isn't any god than it isn't worth it... But, if it is the same as Wilton gumpaste, than that is good enough for me, and certainly cheaper.

MnSnow Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 1:36am
post #4 of 5

I love CK gumpaste! Use 4 TBSP water per bag is all you do. It's far better than Wiltons

Horselady Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:10am
post #5 of 5

Thanks...That's all I'm ordering then!!!! I am doing a bbs cake for a girlfriend as a gift, and already I've got a GSA order of 70 or 80, and that isn't mixes, fillings, icing, etc....SO...If I can buy a 2.99 bag of gumpaste instead of a 12.99 bag of it (or even an 8.99 bag of Wilton) then I think that's what I should do.

Sure adds up fast. A lot of this is fondant, dragees and luster dusts, but there is also a cutter, and a rolling pin, impression mat, stuff I can re-use but need for this design, so by time is all said and done it will be a 130 cake, plus I feel like i have to get her a real gift too.....

(I'm not complaining, I love this girl dearly, and she deserves it, would do it for me, and doesn't expect anything, but boy I'll be broke after this is all said and such is cake and friendships.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%