Cupcake Towers

Decorating By msthang1224 Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 11:47pm by Baking_Booth

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, Does anyone know where i can purchase a Cupcake Tower that will hold 200 CC's? I really need some help. I did a search and couldn't find anything at all. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

5 replies
jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 6

Hi msthang1224:
You could just simply buy some trays, foamcore boards or anything sturdy and customize your own cupcake tower. I did a cupcake tower for my daughter's 17th birthday, it's in my pics, We bought clear trays at party city and then wrapped tehm in gift wrapping paper and ribbons. To separate one tray from the other we went to the dollar store and purchased glass globes of the same size and filled tehm with ribbons too. It was a very inexpensive tower, disposable and convenient. You could go with something fancier and get fancier materials. But then you could make it reusable. Sorry i'm rambling just some ideas to get you going. hope this helps.
LL

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 6

Try googling cupcake stand, not tower. You should get many leads.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobueno

Hi msthang1224:
You could just simply buy some trays, foamcore boards or anything sturdy and customize your own cupcake tower. I did a cupcake tower for my daughter's 17th birthday, it's in my pics, We bought clear trays at party city and then wrapped tehm in gift wrapping paper and ribbons. To separate one tray from the other we went to the dollar store and purchased glass globes of the same size and filled tehm with ribbons too. It was a very inexpensive tower, disposable and convenient. You could go with something fancier and get fancier materials. But then you could make it reusable. Sorry i'm rambling just some ideas to get you going. hope this helps.

How clever! Think of how elegant you could make this! Get crystalized trays, fill those globes with water and floating roses, or just roses, or beads, or marbles, or seashells, or leaves, or about a million other things! Woah I have gotta stop now, my head is starting to spin icon_biggrin.gif . I swear you ladies are the smartest, cleverest, gals I know!

I am going to have to make a trip to my glass guy, and get him to make me a couple of rounds in different sizes, then go to Garden Ridge, and get some globes for 50 cents each. And Viola instant wedding cuppie stand without all the $$.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 6

I use glass trays and shot glasses as a stand for my mini cakes and cup cakes. Got my glass shop to cut me some different sizes and bought some glasses as seperators so I can customise the stand to suit my needs icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1162746

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 6

You all are sooo clever! I love the idea of using glass vases with flowers or something that fits your theme as dividers between the shelves. That would look awesome plus it's reusable for a ton of different events and cake sizes where a cupcake tower for 200 is really only good for that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%