Is Today To Early??

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 12:44am by indydebi

tonimarie Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 9

I have an anniversary cake due on Saturday. I have filled the cakes this morning (thursday); could I decorate today, or is that to early...I don't want the cake to be stale tasting. should I refridgerate until tomorrow?

Thanks

8 replies
staceyboots Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 9

are you covering the cake with buttercream or fondant?

tonimarie Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 9

buttercream

doodledo Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 9

Sorry to jump on your post, but what does it matter if its buttercream or fondant?
TIA

doodledo Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 9

Sorry to jump on your post, but what does it matter if its buttercream or fondant?
TIA

tdybear1978 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 9

I think that I would wait until tomorrow to decorate. I don't know for a fact - but I THINK that if it is covered in buttercream and sits too long that the icing can begin to "change" or crack or dry out but if it is covered in fondant that maybe the fondant kind of seals everything in.? Not sure but that is some stuff that I have been told. I know that if I buttercream ice and decorate to early that the icing will sometimes start to "buckle" if that makes sense haha

indydebi Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 9

I have 2 wedding cakes sitting on my counters, completely decorated and done ... both for Saturday weddings. both all buttercream.

I always ice/decorate on Thursday ... then if I have any last minute issues, I've got all day Friday to take care of it.

tonimarie Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:15am
post #8 of 9

ooohhh indydebi I wish you had been home like 8 hours ago icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I chickened out and decided that I had better wait until tomorrow............oh well I'll have a long day

indydebi Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:44am
post #9 of 9

So sorry! icon_redface.gif I don't have internet at the shop ... waiting for comcast to wire the building so I can have TV/Phone/Internet. (Of couse the good side of this is that since I'm not on CC all day, I actually get a lot done!) thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%