Poured Fondant On Cookies?

Baking By VS8894 Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 3:38pm by shiney

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone used the poured fondant on cookies? And if so, does it harden enough to stack in plastic bags? I am going to do some football and jersey cookies for my sons last football game. I was going to use the fondant and then outline with the RI. Does anyone know if this will work? I was hoping for a quicker shortcut.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

Vicki

5 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 6

Vicki, haven't used fondant, but I like using Rolled buttercream sometimes, you can RI on top without waiting the drying time.
I'd be interested in the answers here too.

VS8894 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 6

Shiney,

I haven't tried rolled buttercream. I'm going to look it up. Is it time consuming?

Thanks for the reply.

Vicki

shiney Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 6

Not really too time-consuming. You mix it, let it sit for a bit, then kneed it. I like the smooth look and ability to decorate with RI right away. Tastes good too!
I haven't tried fondant, not a fan of the taste. But now that I have my new fancy microwave with melting setting, I think I should try the MMF.
There's a thread here on cookie forum on all this, not sure what it's entitled, sorry

VS8894 Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 6

Shiney,

On the rolled buttercream issue, do you put anything on the cookie for the buttercream to adhere to, or does it just stay on there? Also, do you just trim around the edges like on a cake?

I am seriously thinking about going this route.

Thanks again,
Vicki

shiney Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 3:38pm
post #6 of 6

Vicki, you roll it out, pretty thin, then cut it with the same shape cookie cutter. I put it in the freezer for a few minutes, either before or after cutting shape, to make it easier to handle. Dot some light corn syrup on the cookie as 'glue. If you look at my white heart cookies, that's how I did it. I got some wonderful help here on CC to learn this method! I actually will roll my RBC a bit very evenly, to help it fit the cookie better, because the baked cookies is a bit bigger than the cutter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%