Pastry Schools

Decorating By kelkel319 Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 12:54am by ScentsyChick

kelkel319 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelkel319 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:22am
post #1 of 3

icon_biggrin.gif Hello Everyone. I just have a quick question that I hope I get some answers to. First off, I just moved to Michigan and have NO idea about anything here..lol, so that is why I am asking. I would like to go to a good Culinary arts school to become a Pastry Chef. I live in Port Huron which about an hour or so north of Detroit. So my question is, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SUCH TYPE SCHOOLS AROUND MY AREA???

Thanks in advance
Kelly

2 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:31am
post #2 of 3

Welcome to CC and MI. I go to Macomb Community. It's one of the best around in the state. It's about an hour south of you. Any questions just ask, I'll help where I can.

Mike

ScentsyChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ScentsyChick Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:54am
post #3 of 3

Not sure how far you are from Muskegon, seeing as I just moved to Michigan not long ago myself, but I have been looking into Baker College out here.

They're building a brand new, state of the art facility for culinary arts, and from what they told me they'll be offering a full degree in Pastry Arts rather than just a certificate, which is all they have listed on their website right now. Was told that it would be updated closer to Fall 2009 to include the Associates Degree. Cost wise, its one of the cheapest I've found considering its a private college. If you want to check it out the website is http://www.baker.edu/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%