Belly Cake

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 3:04am by Horselady

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:59am
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a belly cake, I knew it was bound to happen. Now, I am just not positive I know how...

I am assuming that you make the belly out of the sports ball and the breast out of the mini sports ball. Is that correct?? Also, what do you allow it to serve?

Thanks so much!!!

3 replies
scnix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scnix Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:15am
post #2 of 4

I use 1/2 a sport ball pan for the belly and two cupcakes for the breasts. I also drap the dress in two pieces one for the skirt and one for the top and use a belt to cover up the seam. I don't know how much it serves.

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:21am
post #3 of 4

I used the half sports ball for belly and cupcakes for the other. I put mine on a board in the shape of the dress on a sheet cake and then removed the belly cake part and cut the sheet cake. The mom to be took the belly part with her, lol.

Vicki

Horselady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Horselady Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:04am
post #4 of 4

I know they're kinda cute, but I also think they're kinda gross and wouldn't want to cut into one......Not sure why they're so popular, but they sure are....

It seems to me that either option is fine, it just depends on how big you want the cake to be.

You could also bake it in an oven safe pyrex bowel if it is round enough...The best one I've seen was more oval, which I thought looked more real.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%