Would You Feel Bad?

Decorating By bubba01 Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 2:20am by indydebi

bubba01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubba01 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:28am
post #1 of 5

I have a wedding booked for a bride. Her wedding entails a two-tier stacked square cake and 27 centerpiece cakes for her tables. She called me this week and asked me if I could do a grooms cake for their rehersal dinner which would either be a Darth Vader or a VHS sculpted cake. I feel bad because I had to turn it down due to the volume of cakes I am doing for her reception. I have done one other wedding that had 38 centerpiece cakes and a 4 tier cake for her main cake and it took me every bit of 3 days working morning til night on it. I swore that I would never to that kind of wedding again. My DH seems to think that I was crazy for turning it down. Should I feel bad for turning it down?

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:34am
post #2 of 5

No, you should not feel bad. I'm sure she doesn't want you to diminish the quality of her wedding cake to squeeze in an extra cake. You did ok.

Tell hubby he's more than welcome to take that one on! But if you're the one doing the work, then you're the one who gets to decide what work you do. icon_twisted.gif

bubba01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubba01 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:40am
post #3 of 5

Thanks indydebi. I did expalin to her that I didn't want to take time away from her cakes for the reception. She said she understood but I could tell she was disappointed.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:08am
post #4 of 5

She will be ok. That is a huge order!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:20am
post #5 of 5

I'm not asking for numbers, but for 27 centerpiece cakes, I hope you priced them appropriately! Since you've done 38 of them before, I know you understand the work involved! I admire your energy level to do this many!! icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%