Heeeeeelp!!!! Cookies

Baking By cookieaddict Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 5:04pm by SILVERCAT

cookieaddict Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieaddict Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 5

I have to make a real large order of cookies for my daughter's school. In the past I have only made small batchs of cookies, max being 80. I make the NFSC recipe, one batch at a time. If I try to double the quantity, I noticed that the shapes don't hold well inspite of freezing them. Can someone give me a recipe for a large batch of sugar cookie and approximately how many cookies out of a batch (3" flags). Heeeelp, I don't think I can do it without all your help.
Also can I freeze them after I bake them or it is best to freeze the shapes before baking.

4 replies
joby1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joby1 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 5

i freeze the NFSC after baking them with no problems. I have also read that people have frozen them decorated with no problem.

I have not doubled the batch since I do not have enough time to do that many, but just whip up another batch since they mix up so fast.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:48am
post #3 of 5

I would definitely just bake and then freeze them. You can put them in freezer bags, or plastic containers. They freeze really well!

cookieaddict Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieaddict Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you both. I will do that bake and freeze. How long do they take to thaw. Can I leave them out overnight and decorate the next day?

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieaddict

Thank you both. I will do that bake and freeze. How long do they take to thaw. Can I leave them out overnight and decorate the next day?

Yes, thats what I do. From what I have read they dont take long to thaw but I do the overnight thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%