Sugarveil Results

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 5:43pm by __Jamie__

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 10

Here is my first real attempt at Sugarveil. It definitely has potential. Very close window of time in which you apply your decorations. Too soon...stretches and disfigures. Wait too long...cracks and falls apart. Need some more practice....but it has the potential to be very pretty!!
LL

9 replies
luelue1971 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 10

Nice

ASimpleBaker Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 10

Do you think it is worth the money?

luelue1971 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 10

What makes this better (different) than other products?

leah_s Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 10

The mix is worth the money. And a totally cool product.

I bought the entire system. It looks to be an aquarium pump and assorted off the shelf supplies in a plastic tackle box. It is so overpriced, someone should be embarassed.

kbrown99 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:00pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASimpleBaker

Do you think it is worth the money?

that would be my question.

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:03pm
post #7 of 10

I'm not sure yet. It seemed like there was an awful lot of unuseable product left after I got done, and I was trying to be conservative. Not to mention all of the stuff that stays behind in the mixing bowl, on the paddle, on the sppons, and on the parchment paper. I think I would only ever use this for very specific applications and/or requests. I have quite a lot of dry mix left in the bag, so it should last a good amount of time. If you are thinking about trying it out, definitely get the starter kit so you can watch the instructional dvd and get the comb!

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:07pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

The mix is worth the money. And a totally cool product.

I bought the entire system. It looks to be an aquarium pump and assorted off the shelf supplies in a plastic tackle box. It is so overpriced, someone should be embarassed.

LOL, yeah, I saw them using it on the dvd. I do have a feeling that using their airgun makes a difference though. I'vej ust used the comb and a parchment cone with and without tips...I think I would get better results using their stupid overpriced gadget....maybe for Christmas, eh?

DianeLM Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:33pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

I have quite a lot of dry mix left in the bag, so it should last a good amount of time.

'Fraid not. Sugarveil only has a shelf life of about 6 months. I've got mine vacuum sealed, but haven't had this batch long enough to see if it works.

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:43pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

Quote:
Quote:

I have quite a lot of dry mix left in the bag, so it should last a good amount of time.

'Fraid not. Sugarveil only has a shelf life of about 6 months. I've got mine vacuum sealed, but haven't had this batch long enough to see if it works.

icon_confused.gif Nice. Lol....no, I hope to use it up before then! Other than the messy mess that gets made making the decorations, I like the stuff! Just not enough to take it out all the time and work with it. Special projects, yes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%