Directions For A Pumpkin Cake?

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 12:53am by Jayde

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 5

I keep seeing these cute pumpkin cakes in the galleries. I am assuming you use a bundt pan somehow. Can anyone give instructions and tell me if it can be done with buttercream? Thanks!

4 replies
seskenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seskenn Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 5

I think all you do is use two bundt bakes - bottom one upside down and the other on top. Don't see any reason why you couldn't use buttercream with these - just need some patience to work the curves of the bundt.

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 5

Do you fill in the middle with something? I assume the stem has to sit on something for support?

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 5

I used two bundt cakes like stated above. As for the stem I used an ice cream cone covered with green BC.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 12:53am
post #5 of 5

That is pretty much it, one bundt upside down, and one right side up on top of it. I dont usually torte mine, cause it makes it harder to cover with fondant. I just put a little bit of filling in between the two layers. I also use some bamboo skewers in order to keep the two aligned, and to prevent sliding.

I use a blob of fondant for the stem, and then add some vines and leaves. But like the PP said, you can cover a flat bottomed ice cream cone with icing/fondant and use that upside down, jammed in that hole.

There isnt a lot too it. Yell if you need more help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%