Sunflower How Do I

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 2:57pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 7

hello to all CCers , im to make a Boss's Day cake and i want to put a giant sunflower on it kinda do a fall theme , what tip do i use and please give me directions on how to use it(: , are there a thread here for one?
Thanks to all i need to know by today cause its due tomorrow

6 replies
Rebelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebelady Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 7

When I do sunflowers I use a large tip and turn it upside down to mark a perfect circle for the center of the flower. Then I take a leaf tip and make the petals starting about an inch out (use your circle mark as a guide) and work my way toward the outline. Then I take a number 3 tip and fill in the center. If you want to make a really large flower just start with a bigger center and use larger tips!! thumbs_up.gif I hope this helps and I hope it makes sense!! Good Luck!!! icon_biggrin.gif

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 7

here's the wilton technique on how to make a sunflower using royal icing

http://www.wilton.com/technique/Sunflower

i don't think that the 352 tip will be large enough to cover the top of your cake, though...maybe you can try a large star tip for your petals

cakebaker1957 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelady

When I do sunflowers I use a large tip and turn it upside down to mark a perfect circle for the center of the flower. Then I take a leaf tip and make the petals starting about an inch out (use your circle mark as a guide) and work my way toward the outline. Then I take a number 3 tip and fill in the center. If you want to make a really large flower just start with a bigger center and use larger tips!! thumbs_up.gif I hope this helps and I hope it makes sense!! Good Luck!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Rebelady, when you say a large tip do you mean a large leaf tip or which one?

cakebaker1957 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyboots

here's the wilton technique on how to make a sunflower using royal icing

http://www.wilton.com/technique/Sunflower

i don't think that the 352 tip will be large enough to cover the top of your cake, though...maybe you can try a large star tip for your petals

thanks staceyboots

Rebelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebelady Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 7

It doesn't matter which tip you use. It is just to mark your circle. I've used a shot glass also. If you need something bigger you could use a juice glass or tubler! Hope this helps!! thumbs_up.gif

cakebaker1957 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelady

It doesn't matter which tip you use. It is just to mark your circle. I've used a shot glass also. If you need something bigger you could use a juice glass or tubler! Hope this helps!! thumbs_up.gif

Yes it does Thank You

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%