How Do They Do This??

Decorating By HipnotiqGlamour Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 10:50pm by all4cake

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 7:10am
post #1 of 27

Okay so ive seen Chest cakes, and cupcakes to where they put TWO cupcakes together to make boobs...BUT I have never seen them on ONE cupcake...How do you think they did this???

I have a friend who wants some for a party but I dont know how to make them on the cupcake like this and perfectly round. Any ideas??
LL

26 replies
Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 10:21am
post #2 of 27

Fondant

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 10:27am
post #3 of 27

Yep. That looks like two balls of fondant on top of the cupcake.

cous2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cous2010 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 10:36am
post #4 of 27

Could be two balls of RCT on top of a cupcake, covered in fondant...

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 10:59am
post #5 of 27

Possilby two mini cupcakes, trimmed, atop a regular cupcake and covered in fondant. Just a guess. Thank is how I would do it.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 11:28am
post #6 of 27

What about gumballs? Could be....

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 6:57am
post #7 of 27

Thank all of you for your replies...i might try them all haha

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 7:49am
post #8 of 27

You can get marshmallows in that shape here in New Zealand, it would taste better than big balls of fondant too... this might be an idea I will save for later icon_wink.gif

kcjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcjc Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 7:51am
post #9 of 27

Gumballs was my 1st thought as well. So perfectly round. I might take a trip to the candy store with a cupcake in hand. Those are cute ! karen

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 7:55am
post #10 of 27

Ferrero Rocher!

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 8:38am
post #11 of 27

That would have been much cuter if the Boobs were all the way on top of the cuppie and not hanging off the sides....like using malt balls cut in half and then covered in fondant. Much easier to handle, decorate, transport, and just plain looks more professional I think.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:52am
post #12 of 27

This person seems to do quite a few of them...they say cupcakes but I don't know for sure if she's using cupcakes as the boobs or they're on the cupcakes...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambjer/2289852217/

here's some more

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilmisscupcake/2366687820/in/pool-hautecouturecakesandcupcakes

from a different decorator

or you could use chocolate molds then cover them in fondant..

http://www.streichs.com/cgi-bin/streichs/XX057.html

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:29am
post #13 of 27

My thought would have been cake balls, but I think malt balls would be great too since it's a smooth surface to begin with.

marriedtoagreek74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marriedtoagreek74 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:30am
post #14 of 27

Can I jsut say I love the imaginaion on this site! I personally like the Whoppers idea! icon_smile.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:35am
post #15 of 27

Those molds are too funny! Who thinks of this stuff!!!!

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 6:01pm
post #16 of 27

I think either the chocolate molds or the malt balls sounds the best. I dunno its just the thought of biting into a cupcake and either getting a big mouth full of fondant or bubble gum that doesn't sound appealing.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 8:35pm
post #17 of 27

Sooo cute!

If I were doing these, I'd either make cake balls or chocolate candies in a plain round mold---mmmmm, good!

http://www.morethanjustcandy.com/shared/viewProductImage.html?http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ZWjxJB50L._SL500_.jpg

Rae

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 10:06pm
post #18 of 27

I um went to one of those naughty stores, and got a tiny boob mold. When I do mine they look like that because of the roundness of the mold. icon_redface.gif I think my face was beet red the entire time that I was in there.

Otherwise just use any round candies.

all4cake Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 10:06pm
post #19 of 27

I actually thought that the teeny butt bites looked more like boobs...although nippless(?) the shape...not to be confused with the male butt mold, which was squeaky tight...looked more realistic than the round-lookinglikethey'llpopifyoulooktoohard ones or the boob mold that had so much nipple that they looked like someone let the air out of the rest of it...

I think that one decorator from flickr...ambjer...had some really cute cupcake designs! I loved that white one!

all4cake Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 10:08pm
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde

I um went to one of those naughty stores, and got a boob pan. When I do mine they look like that because of the boob pan. icon_redface.gif I think my face was beet red the entire time that I was in there.

Otherwise, just use the mini ball pan. That is perfectly round, and so simple.

But these are done on top of cupcakes...

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 10:11pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde

I um went to one of those naughty stores, and got a boob pan. When I do mine they look like that because of the boob pan. icon_redface.gif I think my face was beet red the entire time that I was in there.

Otherwise, just use the mini ball pan. That is perfectly round, and so simple.

But these are done on top of cupcakes...

I realized that after I had said it, that the mini ball wasnt going to work icon_redface.gif obvisouly. But the naughty store had all kinds of mini molds of various parts of the anatomy, if you catch my drift. Thats where I made my boobie cupcakes from.

all4cake Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 10:25pm
post #22 of 27

Spencer's usually has adult novelty pans and molds too. I hate going in there when anyone is with me...I always bump into something that makes me red in the face.

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 7:34am
post #23 of 27

I was able to find one more picture of the cupcakes.. so you can actually see that their ON TOP of the actual cupcake. It must be a mold because they are all perfect and matching
LL

all4cake Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 10:14am
post #24 of 27

Where did you find those???

What if the fleshtoned fondant was pressed into the molds to line the molds then, filled with either more fondant or like one decorator stated on another site, her's (cupcake boobs) were filled with caramels...she said (jokingly but she may have been serious) that the started off with marshmallow but they deflated(OSLT)...anyway then, remove the filled fondant boobs from the molds...

even fleshtoned chocolate

The links below are direct links to the items mentioned. Do not click on them if you find images of candy boobs offensive!
maybe they're the boob cracker molds???

http://www.streichs.com/cgi-bin/streichs/XX012.html

http://www.confectioneryhouse.com/product.php?productid=5302&cat=454&page=4

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:34pm
post #25 of 27

My brothers are part of myspace and they sent them to me via e-mail. They had found them on someones profile. I tried to google the search but nothing comes up like these.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 10:46pm
post #26 of 27

Anything round would work. If it is chocolate, maybe milk duds...which now that I say that it sounds kind of ironic. princess.gif

all4cake Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 10:50pm
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandu001

Anything round would work. If it is chocolate, maybe milk duds...which now that I say that it sounds kind of ironic. princess.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Too funny!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%