Pizzelle Cookies-Xmas Gift Wrapping Ideas

Baking By quilting2011 Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 6:41pm by cutthecake

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:46am
post #1 of 5

I purchased a pizzelle maker at a garage sale. I decided I will give pizzelle cookies for Xmas at work. Does anyone have any great recipes to share? Also, does anyone have pictures to share how you wrapped your pizzelles as gift and/or gift wrapping tips for pizzelle cookies as gifts. Thanks.

4 replies
cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:00am
post #2 of 5

I don't have a special recipe (I use the one that came with the pizzelle maker), but I ALWAYS add almond extract. It gives the cookies a great flavor. Some people prefer anise, but I don't care for it. As for packaging, you could use large cellophane bags and tie with Christmas curling ribbon

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:14pm
post #3 of 5

Hi! I am attaching a recipe for Lemon Pizzelles that we enjoy. The Boyajian Lemon Oil (you can get it at Williams-Sonoma) is the trick as it gives such a great lemon taste.

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 5

I also like the recipe that's enscripted on the handle of my iron. I'll try and dig it out later to share.

I just wanted to give you a head's up about pizzelle's.....Make sure you have an afternoon free for these. While they are delicious and simple, they are VERY time consuming! You can only make 2 cookies at a time and each pair cooks for 45 seconds or so. I made the mistake of making them for a cookie exchange party and needed 15 dozen--it took like 6 hours or more! You can't do anything else while making these, you're stuck holding on to the handles for the whole time. Just something to keep in mind. Have fun!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 5

My pizzelle maker is electric, but you STILL have to watch it carefully and constantly. Fortunately, my younger sister LOVES the burnt ones. She gets plenty of them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%