Party Cancelled Because Of Weather Coming.

Decorating By topaz176 Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 8:26am by MaisieBake

topaz176 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:47am
post #1 of 6

In the night, after the cakes were picked up in the afternoon,
I heard announcement tropical storm is coming. icon_surprised.gif

So, I am assuming the party will not go on tomorrow.

I am wondering now what should I do.
We agreed when I will get payment ( she is a friend), but now she has all that stuff and no party!
I don't know what to say. She did not call me as yet.

5 replies
TexasSugar Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:17am
post #2 of 6

Okay let me see if I understand this...

She picked up the cake and now there is a weather issue and you think they may cancel the party and you want to know how this will effect payment?

If she picked up the cake it is hers, and you get paid. Personally I wouldn't have let the cake be picked up with out the payment in my hands. But it doesn't matter if there is a party or not. She ordered a cake, she has a cake, and you get paid. You can't tell me if they don't have the party she isn't to eat it anyway.

biancas_mommy Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:26am
post #3 of 6

yeah, why did you let her take the cake without paying you? it's not your problem if the party doesn't happen...you don't control the weather. icon_smile.gif you did the work, you bought the ingredients, you delivered the product, you need to be paid in full.

PinkZiab Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:51am
post #4 of 6

Friend or not you should have gotten payment, but what's done is done. Fact is, you made a cake, she has the cake, she owes you money. Not your problem that party was cancelled.

bchristianson17 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:30am
post #5 of 6

I believe that no matter how close you are to someone, if its your family, your friend you consider family or someone you "know" you can trust, I would say always have a contract of some sort that protects you from the gray areas that people love to go into to try ans scam people. Sad, but it happens. People do silly things when money is involved.

I hope everything goes okay for you though!

MaisieBake Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 8:26am
post #6 of 6

No cash, no cake.

Hope is wasn't a terribly expensive lesson.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%