Don't Like The New Tab Labeling

Decorating By indydebi Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 12:33pm by MichelleM77

indydebi Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:30am
post #1 of 9

I've notice this change today. I will open a number of threads at one time, then go in and read them (I don't open/read one at a time). I noticed the tabs now have "Cakecentral" at the beginning of each tab, followed by the thread subject line (example: The "I Love Brownies, Anyone Else?" is on the tab/window as "Cakecentral I love brownies, anyone else?"

What this does, when there are a number of tabs/windows open, is all I can see is "Cakecentral" .... I can't see the title of the thread anymore.

It's not a big thing .... but if you're taking a poll, I dont' like it, and would prefer the Cakecentral prefix be deleted.

8 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:47am
post #2 of 9

I use Opera, and all the tabs for CC are different for me... no CC prefix on any of them.

kelleym Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:51am
post #3 of 9

I'm using IE and the tabs don't have the "Cakecentral" prefix.

rblee Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:16am
post #4 of 9

For me, it's coming with the "cakecentral" in front of the subject/title. I'm using Mozilla Firefox and opening each thread in a new window.

alidpayne Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:37am
post #5 of 9

I use Chrome, and I don't get the "cake central" in front of the titles, so I guess it depends on what browser you are using.

dandelion56602 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:41am
post #6 of 9

I'm using Mozilla Firefox & it doesn't have the CC prefix, may be the edition?

ETA:

Ok, some of my tabs have it & some don't, go figure! I'd like to know what the "requirements" are for it being there or not. And yes, I usually have so many that they are about 1/4" wide. Drives my dh nuts too!

KoryAK Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:58am
post #7 of 9

I'm a firefox and get the cakecentral prefix. Good to know I'm not the only one who opens a bazillion tabs at once... drives my DH nuts!

7yyrt Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 7:37am
post #8 of 9

I get it too, but just put the curser over the tab and the whole title shows up.

MichelleM77 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:33pm
post #9 of 9

I was getting it yesterday, but today the tabs are back to normal!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%