Sticks For Cookie Arrangements

Baking By MBHazel Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 10:10pm by toleshed

MBHazel Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:34am
post #1 of 6

I am show and tell for a Kindergarten class for Halloween and will be decorating cookies with the kids. I don't usually do sticks, but thought I would for this. What is the most secure method?

5 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 11:45am
post #2 of 6

I'm aware of three options: bake the stick right into the cookie, insert the stick as soon as the cookies come out of the oven, and attach the stick to the baked cookie with either royal icing or melted chocolate (this can also be done by attaching the stick to the bag that covers the cookie).

I prefer to bake them into the cookie. I lay the stick on the cookie sheet, cover with the cut-out, and gently press the dough around the stick. The plus is that it is all done quickly. The negative is that you can't bake as many cookies on the sheet. Whatever you decide, just be comfortable with the method and you'll do fine!

MBHazel Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 12:32am
post #3 of 6

Thanks so much for the info. I think I will go with baking the cookies with the sticks!

toleshed Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 6

If the kids do any of them, you might want to "glue" sticks on with RI or melted choc.

MBHazel Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 6

The kids will be doing cookies. I assume that will make them less likely to come loose?

Thanks for your help!!

toleshed Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 6

Speaking from my own experience, it will be much less frustrating for them to do it that way. However, I'm no pro.

Quote by @%username% on %date%