How Much To Charge For A Cross Cake?

Business By Mom2ANC Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 1:36am by amazinggracecakedesigns

Mom2ANC Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 2

I just got a call from someone asking me if I can do a cross shaped cake for a baptism this weekend. I don't have anything else going on this week, so I have time to do it, but I want to make sure I am paid fairly.
I am just starting out selling cakes to my friends, and so far, I have only sold 8 inch rounds and a couple stacked cakes. The 8 inch rounds I sell for 40 dollars, and that includes filling and some minimal decorations. (You can look at the two photos I have posted to see what a couple have looked like.)

For the cross, I would just ice it and put some roses on it, I guess.
What would be a fair price? I might have to buy a pan, or I could cut it from a sheet, I guess. What would a fair price be?
I have looked at local bakery websites, but can't find any to compare prices to. (That is how I came up with the 40 for the round cake.)

I want to have a price in mind before I talk to her about her cake.

1 reply
amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:36am
post #2 of 2

Alot of your pricing depends on where you are located. I live in a small town in Kentucky and I have done 2 cross cakes. I used the Wilton Cross Pan and I charge $25.00 (due to no extra decorations). That is a fair price where I live. If you live in a larger community with bakeries in the area, you would probley get alot more than that. Good luck!! They really are beautiful cakes. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%