Damask Cupcake

Decorating By snoopy3 Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 11:38am by mgigglin

snoopy3 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 8

My friend is getting married next year and she wants me to do a strip of damask design on top of cupcake. How would you do this? Is there a stencil? I thought of buying transfer sheets, but I am worried that the design on the sheet will be too big and look funny if I cut it into a strip.

Any suggestions??

7 replies
ritapaint Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 7:44am
post #3 of 8

Don't be afarid of Stencils, very easy. Just practice first.

mgigglin Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 8:43am
post #4 of 8

Oh my gosh!! I love those damask stencils!! I have been looking for that thinking it was a cutter!! But do you adhere the stencil to the cake while you paint or color it in? How do you do that part? Do you just hold it up with that 11th finger? icon_rolleyes.gif

Kim

CakeWhizz Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 9:10am
post #5 of 8

The damask stencils from Designer Stencils are the way to go. They work well with either buttercream or royal icing on top of crusted buttercream or fondant.

Katiebelle74 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 9:24am
post #6 of 8

I.S.A.C. (international sugar art collection) sells a great rolling pin that imprints a damask design

alanahodgson Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 11:04am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgigglin

Oh my gosh!! I love those damask stencils!! I have been looking for that thinking it was a cutter!! But do you adhere the stencil to the cake while you paint or color it in? How do you do that part? Do you just hold it up with that 11th finger? icon_rolleyes.gif

Kim

Check out the how-to videos

http://www.designerstencils.com/videos.shtml

mgigglin Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 11:38am
post #8 of 8

Ok.... I'm a knucklehead... I so didn't see the video link while I was on that site... so THANK YOU!!! It doesn't look that hard now does it?? I know what I want for my birthday! lol!!

Thanks again, appreciate it tons!!

Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%