Cookie Throwdown #5

Baking By yankeegal Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 9:30pm by yankeegal

yankeegal Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 9

I over the list and through a very scientific method (names in a hat-I think everyone on the list is a very worthy competitor and I wanted to give everyone a fair shot...) the newest challenger is.....JenWhitlock! I am posting the throwdown rules again for those unfamiliar with them.

Cookie Bouquet Throwdown Rules
1. Any member may challenge another CC member to a TD. The TD will begin and end on the specified dates, so all pictures of completed cookie bouquets can be uploaded for judging at the same time. This will make it easier for all CC members to judge each TD photo, and all winners can be announced at the same time.

2. Throw Downs begin on the 1st day of every month. They will end inexactly 3 weeks from the start date, at which time your pictures need to be sent to the poster. Pictures need to be sent to the poster by 3:00 pm CST.

3. You may submit up to 3 photos for judging.

4. You may choose your decorating medium, be it marshmallow fondant, rolled buttercream, royal, glace... Everything must be edible.

5. The loser will be the poster of the new throwdown.

6. A throwdown should be as equal in decorating skills as possible. If you are the throwdown winner, try to choose a member with "equal or greater than" skills as yourself.

7. The throwdown challengers will determine the theme of the bouquet.

8. The winner of the throwdown continues to compete until they lose. Once a contestant has lost, they must wait 12 months before participating again.

9. Only 2 members may compete in any particular throwdown, however, there can be more than one throwdown going on at a time.

10. Bouquets must have between 7 and 11 cookies. All cookies must be arranged in a bouquet, and not just thrown in a basket.

11. Judging may include not only the cookies, but the packaging as well. So, keep this in mind when choosing a container.

Good luck Jen! You as the challenger get to pick the theme and I think we are going to have to adjust our posting date as it is well past the first of the month.

Thanks to all who signed up( Sarah, Revel, and Robin-you are on the list) I will pass the list on to whomever wins the challenge.

8 replies
revel Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 9

Sweet! Can't wait to see what happens with this throwdown!

JenWhitlock Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 9

yeah! I'm so excited. I had fun with my last bouquet and I needed something to kick me in the butt and make another good one!

as far as start time.
did you want to start as of the 15th though the 5th?
I'm open to whatever.

any comments out there as to what people want to see?
fall and Christmas stuff is pretty obvious...
. shop 'til you drop
."The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"
."The Grinch"
. other Suess stories

yankeegal Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 9

I say yes for posting on Nov. 15th. I like the idea of a Dr. Suess or anything Charlie Brown, or whatever you come up with. I'm pretty flexible!

JenWhitlock Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:42am
post #5 of 9

Nov 15th is good.
and I think that I like the Dr. Suess idea - maybe 'your favorite Dr. Suess book'

yankeegal Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:01pm
post #6 of 9

That sounds great! Favorite Dr. Suess book it is. Posting for Nov. 15th...Best of luck to you!

yankeegal Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:16am
post #7 of 9

We are coming to that time again....Any volunteers to post our throwdown pics? I need to submit mine by Friday as I will not be around this weekend. Thanks in advance....

Honeydukes Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:54am
post #8 of 9

If someone can give me step by step instructions (Something along the lines of: Big Bird Posts Throwdown Pictures) I'll do it. icon_lol.gif

yankeegal Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:30pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks Honeydukes...I believe SweetDreamsAT posted the last one for us-maybe she could give you a hand?

Quote by @%username% on %date%