Need Suggestions For Homecoming Queen Candidate

Decorating By Ritakk Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 2:41pm by Ritakk

Ritakk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ritakk Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 3

My daughter comes home friday and tells me she's running for homecoming queen for the junior class. Ok, great I say, you need any help with signs or anything? She kindly says no thanks, she has some in mind she is going to print off.

Yesterday she informs me that the other candidates are handing out store bought candy and asks if I can pick her some up today. I'm thinking... what about sugar cookies? I can whip up a batch and she can hand them out all day or week!
Okay, so I make myself a cookie cutter (crown sorta), now I'm thinking what icing do I use? I have some left over buttercream frosting in the frig from a cake I decorated on Saturday... will buttercream icing work on sugar cookies? Will it harden enough that they can be stacked? Or should I twist tie them individually in saran wrap? I'm thinking about piping her name across the crown, or some little slogan, but am having a blank as to what would be best... Any Ideas out there?

Thanks a million!
Ritakk

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:20am
post #2 of 3

Don't know how much b'cream you have or how much you need but you could whip up a small batch of royal then add about 1 cup b'cream to it. That will set up (but not *harden*) so you could bag them.
I love your idea. Glad you made a crown patternicon_smile.gif
I would just pipe your name.

Ritakk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ritakk Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks K,

I wound up making about 60 sugar cookies, and frosted them with white icing and piped an outline in hot pink, and Added her first initial 'D' in the middle of each crown. I crawled in bed at 1:30 am... Ugh! I still have left over cookie dough so I'm making more tonight, but should take me as long. I made a batch of sugar cookie frosting I have enough left over to do the rest tonight. Thanks, I think I will try to pipe her first name on them this go round.
Rita

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%