Need A Critique On My Cookies...please!!!

Baking By Shanille21 Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 10:30am by ahuvas

Shanille21 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 12

My sons 1st birthday is coming up and was making these as a test cookie. Please tell me honestly what you like and what you think i should change.

I dont think i like the black around cookies eyes but i thought it needed something.

Again honesty please.. i can take it... i

11 replies
TracyLH Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 12

Hi Shannon,

I think they are really cute, but I know you are looking for specific thoughts. If you don't like the black around cookie monster's eyes, do you want to try blue? Did you do a test cookie without any outlining? I am guessing so, but thought I'd mention it. Personally, I think that they are great, so I am afraid that I am not much help.

monizcel Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 12

They are great. If anything I would outline Cookie's eyes the same way you did elmo's (ie. all white).

Joanne914 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 12

I think they look great too! I agree with you though about the black outline around Cookie Monster's eyes. I don't think you need it, and it would look fine with just white.

TracyLH Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 12

Yeppers - all white.

janine1972 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 12

I agree with all, the black around the eyes is too dark - if you really want to outline the eyes - it does make them stand out more - why not use a light brown?? or chocolate?? Will still give the effect of them standing out, but not so dark.

But i think your cookies are awesome!!

DianeLM Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 12

These are absolutely adorable!!!

I agree with you and the others. No outline around CM's eyes. I would make his eyes more 'googly' too. The pupils closer to the center with one slightly higher than mid-point and the other slightly lower.

I also think CM's mouth should be bigger. The actual muppet doesn't even have cheeks! icon_smile.gif But, I think you could leave a little blue on the sides of the mouth.

Elmo is perfecto!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:01pm
post #8 of 12

i agree about the outline... i would also keep his pupils bigger than emlo's... exactly how you have it.

Cookie monster doesn't have a nose?

Shanille21 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:11am
post #9 of 12

I couldnt believe CM didnt have a nose either.

thanks for all the advice. I will post the cookies after I make them.

One more question- How far in advance can i make them....his party is Nov 2nd. The cookies are NFSC and will have bc and RI on them.

Thanks again!

shanzah67 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:38am
post #10 of 12

They look great...but I agree, no outline on CM's eyeballs. You did a great job! He'll love them!

janine1972 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:50am
post #11 of 12

I dont know how long bc on a cookie will last, but if done with royal icing, they should last from now till then with no problems, if you keep them out of the sun

ahuvas Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 10:30am
post #12 of 12

I have made some sesame street cookies too. Take a look but yours are great - I would not do a black outline on the eyes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%