Have You Gotten This One Yet?

Business By smab109 Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 8:44pm by SugaredUp

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 27

HELLO MY NAME IS SMITH HAVEN AND I WILL LIKE TO MAKE AND ORDER OF CAKE BOX AND I WILL NEED THE FULL SHEET CORRUGATED BOTTOM (WHITE ) WITH THE SIZE 1/8" x 18 1/16" x 4" AND I WILL NEED 80 QTY OF THAT CAKE BOX AND I WILL LIKE YOU TO EMAIL ME WITH THE QUOTE NOW SO THAT I WILL BE MAKING THE PAYMENT WITH MY MASTER CARD
THANK YOU
SMITH HAVEN

I've received 5 of these wonderful Spams this morning!

26 replies
scrapperjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapperjade Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 27

Wow... that barely makes sense! Love those emails, ugh!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 27

Email him a quote for some boxes.

Mike

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 27

They could have at least made more sense....I tried blocking the emails and just got more...

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 27

I got one this morning too. Must be we are just lucky I guess. sent it right to spam.

what do they think???? stupid people. icon_twisted.gif

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 27

I got one from Frederick Sanchez or something today for a wedding cake that is to be written Happy Life Marriage something...

mommicakes Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 27

that one has been around for a while. when will these idiots get a clue????
icon_razz.gif

SugaredUp Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:01pm
post #8 of 27

It screams overseas SCAM when they can't even write in decent English.

mommicakes Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:06pm
post #9 of 27

I got one today, I was jumping out of my skin, just had to reply, it went kinda something like this:

"piss off you jerk" then I proceeded to tell them that I was forwarding the copy they sent me and my reply to the authorities. and ended with, "you idiot"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.giftapedshut.gif

told DH about it, and he just laughed. sometimes it is just as fun to reply back to them, and see if they have any sense of reality. icon_lol.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:34pm
post #10 of 27

That's a new one! Didn't know you were a bakery supply house too. I'll be right over to pick up some boxes! icon_smile.gif

Don't reply. It just acknowledges that they got a working email address and you'll just get more.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:39pm
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by smab109

HELLO MY NAME IS SMITH HAVEN AND I WILL LIKE TO MAKE AND ORDER OF CAKE BOX AND I WILL NEED THE FULL SHEET CORRUGATED BOTTOM (WHITE ) WITH THE SIZE 1/8" x 18 1/16" x 4" ...

Wait, the size they want for a full sheet is 1/8" X 18 1/16" X 4"? That would be one really, really odd shaped cake. icon_biggrin.gif

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:53pm
post #12 of 27

thin, long and skinny. LOL was it a guy, maybe he was looking for some other kind of help. icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gif Jerks.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:03pm
post #13 of 27

I get the ones that say that they live in S. Africa and want to deposit money into an account for me to get one of their relatives over here or something to that extent. When I email them back and say that my best friend lives in Johannasburg they usually drop it! (no lie either! She does!)
But you know that there is someone out there that thinks its ligit and gets scammed over it. Its just amazing how bad crime has got.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:07pm
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

I get the ones that say that they live in S. Africa and want to deposit money into an account for me to get one of their relatives over here or something to that extent. When I email them back and say that my best friend lives in Johannasburg they usually drop it! (no lie either! She does!)
But you know that there is someone out there that thinks its ligit and gets scammed over it. Its just amazing how bad crime has got.

I got one of those once, and it ended in God Bless You!

I wrote back with
Oh, you poor thing. I would LOVE to help you! Please send me your bank account number, along with the routing number, and I will happily deposit the money. God Bless YOU!

One of them actually wrote me back with "Uhhh, I don't have a bank account" all the others never responded.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:15pm
post #15 of 27

yes or don't you love the, we are looking for people to sell their fresh baked goods in our store, please contact us today at &*&*)(*... whatever.. it is amazing how these scams get around!?

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:35pm
post #16 of 27

When we were looking for a house to rent we looked on craigs list. We saw a couple of 3 bedroom houses in really nice areas for $2000 a month. My husband sent an email asking about one of them. Unfortunately they currently lived in europe and we couldn't see the house first, but all we had to do was send over our SS#, DL#, full name, address, references, credit card info and all of our bank acct info, then mail $4000 to them. And after we did all that the place would be ours. My DH (dumb in this case) responded to them and said he would get all the info and email it later icon_eek.gif I told him he was an idiot, it was obviously a scam. So we drove by the house and it was for rent, but for $3500 a month and the owners still lived in it. We talked to them and I guess there were 3 different couples that paid the people. I guess they showed up to get the keys and the actual owners had no idea what they were talking about. Jeez......the nerve of some people icon_evil.gif

summernoelle Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:40pm
post #17 of 27

nickshalfpint-I saw a story about that on the news. These families looking to rent had fallen for it, were given a lease, keys, everything, paid their deposit, etc.
They showed up on the day they were supposed to move in and the key didn't fit.
The world is getting scary, and it's harder to trust people!

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:42pm
post #18 of 27

I got that one about the cake box this morning......DELETE

mommicakes Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 11:00pm
post #19 of 27

I got one of those once, and it ended in God Bless You!

I wrote back with
Oh, you poor thing. I would LOVE to help you! Please send me your bank account number, along with the routing number, and I will happily deposit the money. God Bless YOU!

Summernoelle, that is a good one. icon_rolleyes.gif I'll remember that for next one that comes. icon_lol.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:14pm
post #20 of 27

My old landlord actually fell for a scam on Craig's List! He had our house on there after we gave notice that we were buying a house and he said a British doctor had contacted him to look at the house, was going to send his account information to my landlord for him to deposit or something like that, but landlord looked up information online for the guy and found out it was a scam. Duh. I'm pretty sure a doc can find a better house than the hunk of junk he was renting out to us! And what doctor wants 2.5 acres to take care of?

I've gotten the ones from a company that wants me to wholesale, but I heard from some people on here that the company is legit, but you have to pay for those services. I don't want to get into that anyway. It's just me, I don't have a machine to crank out cookies!

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:16pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I've gotten the ones from a company that wants me to wholesale, but I heard from some people on here that the company is legit, but you have to pay for those services. I don't want to get into that anyway. It's just me, I don't have a machine to crank out cookies!

I think it IS a legit company. I finally responded to an email and immediately had a response from a person. Once I told him I wasnt wholesale - not another word!

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:31pm
post #22 of 27

I'm a computer tech by day -- just thought I'd interject in here -- some of the spam emails you get are just trying to collect valid email addresses. If you reply to them - they know you're a valid email address - and you get more. If you just delete the message - you eventually drop off their list.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:34pm
post #23 of 27

If you respond to some of those e-mails in a negative way, they will be happy to respond again... with a virus.

Be careful.

MichelleM77 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 6:37pm
post #24 of 27

Yep, same thing here. I finally said I couldn't wholesale and haven't heard a word since. Just got one this week actually. I bet we are on the same list. icon_smile.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 9:39pm
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by smab109

HELLO MY NAME IS SMITH HAVEN AND I WILL LIKE TO MAKE AND ORDER OF CAKE BOX AND I WILL NEED THE FULL SHEET CORRUGATED BOTTOM (WHITE ) WITH THE SIZE 1/8" x 18 1/16" x 4" ...

Wait, the size they want for a full sheet is 1/8" X 18 1/16" X 4"? That would be one really, really odd shaped cake. icon_biggrin.gif

I was thinking the same thing...1/8 inch?? what, they just want to spread some icing in it?

summernoelle Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 9:47pm
post #26 of 27

Last night, I got this one. I thought it was funny since we were just talking about it:

Dear partner,
We will like to be financial partners in your business.Please write for
a possible business collaboration.
Thank you

Arab Investors Alliance Group(AIAG)
Baghdad,Iraq.
Eng.Nasser A. Al Asadi
President CEO
Email: [email protected]
uri: www.arab-inv.com

Like I am that stupid.

SugaredUp Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 8:44pm
post #27 of 27

OMG - I'm so dumb! I replied to this Fernando dude telling him I was unavailable (don't ask me why!). Here is what he replied to my reply:

"Ok that's is fine, can you bake for my friend which wedding date is 14th of November 2008. can you fulfill the date?? I await your response soon.

Thanks.
Mike."

What the heck!? I hope I don't get a virus!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%