Golf/scottish Cake

Decorating By Kate714 Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 5:27am by xstitcher

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all,

I have a request for a cake with a golf and a Scottish theme. I'm thinking of just doing a chocolate golf ball with grass in the middle, but does anyone have any easy/simple ideas of how I can incorporate the Scottish theme? I'm thinking plaid but that doesn't seem very easy! And this is just an 8" cake so I don't have much room for a whole lot of decoration.

Thank you!

7 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 8

how about putting a plaid ribbon around the bottom, or making thistles around the golf ball.

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 8

I did a plaid draped cake using some navy blue fondant, and then painted some colors on it (using the gel colors, watered down with a little clear vanilla). It didn't take too long, and it wasn't perfect, but seemed to look like a Scottish tartan.

Hope this helps! thumbs_up.gif
LL

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 8

Perhaps a buttercream transfer or edible image?
http://www.scottishputting.org/images/golfersm.jpg
http://www.teeoffinscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/teeoffinscotland-logo-gif.gif
(The cross on the ball is the Scottish flag.)

tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 8

what about a golf course with someone playing, wearing a kilt? maybe with bagpipes somewhere on the cake. good luck to you icon_smile.gif

lesleyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesleyanne Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 10:19pm
post #6 of 8

see the picture..i found this on the internet..your golfer cud wear a kilt..paint the tartan
LL

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 8

what about the cake pictures, but in one tie, with a little golf bag lying on top. You could make the golf bag plaid and that would incorporate both themes!

good luck!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 5:27am
post #8 of 8

Did you know that golfing was started in Scotland? I believe it was at St Andrews golf course. Maybe you could do something with that in mind?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%