Golf/scottish Cake

Decorating By Kate714 Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 5:27am by xstitcher

Kate714 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all,

I have a request for a cake with a golf and a Scottish theme. I'm thinking of just doing a chocolate golf ball with grass in the middle, but does anyone have any easy/simple ideas of how I can incorporate the Scottish theme? I'm thinking plaid but that doesn't seem very easy! And this is just an 8" cake so I don't have much room for a whole lot of decoration.

Thank you!

7 replies
sweetcakes Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 8

how about putting a plaid ribbon around the bottom, or making thistles around the golf ball.

Petit-four Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 8

I did a plaid draped cake using some navy blue fondant, and then painted some colors on it (using the gel colors, watered down with a little clear vanilla). It didn't take too long, and it wasn't perfect, but seemed to look like a Scottish tartan.

Hope this helps! thumbs_up.gif
LL

7yyrt Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 8

Perhaps a buttercream transfer or edible image?
http://www.scottishputting.org/images/golfersm.jpg
http://www.teeoffinscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/teeoffinscotland-logo-gif.gif
(The cross on the ball is the Scottish flag.)

tmt Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 8

what about a golf course with someone playing, wearing a kilt? maybe with bagpipes somewhere on the cake. good luck to you icon_smile.gif

lesleyanne Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 10:19pm
post #6 of 8

see the picture..i found this on the internet..your golfer cud wear a kilt..paint the tartan
LL

kellymarie Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 8

what about the cake pictures, but in one tie, with a little golf bag lying on top. You could make the golf bag plaid and that would incorporate both themes!

good luck!

xstitcher Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 5:27am
post #8 of 8

Did you know that golfing was started in Scotland? I believe it was at St Andrews golf course. Maybe you could do something with that in mind?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%