Bc Disaster.....

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 10:04pm by panchanewjersey

panchanewjersey Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 3

Anyone please anyone! I made for the first time the sugarshack bc recipe and I did not use hi ratio stuff because I don't know where to get it here in the Central Valley, Ca. So I used good old Crisco and let me tell you it was crappy. icon_cry.gif I know something was wrong, followed directions to the T but don't know why it was stiff, maybe Crisco? But it was just awful. So is there another name or another kind of high ratio stuff I can get that's not sweetex. I found some online but shipping for a 50lb tub is not as cheap as you think. Someone let me know. I just ordered today sugarshacks dvd because I hear such wonderful things but if I don't have the good stuff to go with it, what else should I do? Thanks for hearing me out on this topic that I believe drives a few of us up the wall.

2 replies
sugarshack Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 3

Did you use the new zero trans fat crisco? if so, that mya be the problem. U do not HAVE to use hi ratio to have suceess with this recipe, hi ratio just makes a better icing. Find a store brand shortening that has 2-3 grams of trans fat it in, and it will work.

Please write out here for me EXACTLY what you used, the amounts, and the process you used, and i will help you figure it out!

panchanewjersey Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 3

That's it I used the new stuff, I just bought at Smart & Final. I didn't think this new stuff would make a difference. But thanks next time I will try that. Oh and by the way I went by the buttercream video on You Tube. Good video, but I hear your DVD is awesome. Thanks a bunch!

Quote by @%username% on %date%