Bubble Tea Straws Vs. Regular Straws???

Decorating By l80bug79 Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 7:51pm by JoAnnB

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 3

i've been reading up on the bubble tea straws in some of the posts and i'm wondering how different they are from regular restruant straws. i'm getting ready to place an order with sugarcraft.com and they have straws there, but they're restruant straws (sent an email to her to check before ordering). the email sent back to me says that she uses them to support heavy cakes but to make sure that the cake board was covered in aluminum foil. any ideas anyone??? i don't like using the wood dowels. but i also don't want/can't afford to spend the money for the plastic tubes for each cake either.

aimee

2 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 3

bubble tea all the way for me. they are 1/2 inch wide. providing a very sturdy and stable base for the cakes to rest on.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 3

I have used smaller regular straws in smaller, two tier cakes (use several). Bubble tea straws are significantly stronger.

If you have an asian grocery in your area, you can get them there. You shouldn't have to order them (and pay shipping). You can also get them from a restaurant supply store. See if any espresso shops have them, they can tell you where they get them. The could even sell you a box.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%