How Do I Paint Fall Leaves?

Decorating By gmilton Updated 14 Oct 2008 , 11:54pm by lorrieg

gmilton Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 5

Hi -

I was reading some other posts about painting white and milk/dark chocolate leaves and I've decided to give it a try. I read where some posters said they used luster dust to paint the leaves and I was wondering if you're supposed to dry dust the leaves with a brush or mix the luster dust with some alcohol and paint them? Which would be the easiest way with the best results?

Thanks,
Gina

4 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 5

Probably mixing the luster dust with an extract or vodka will work better than dry dusting. Dry dusting may not stick and the effect will be very slight. Practice on a couple of scrap pieces before working on your actual leaves.

HTH

Michele

kakeladi Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 5

It depends on the look you are going for.
Personally I would dry brush. I think it would look nire reak,

janine1972 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 5

I too would preffer to dry dust - i have never painted with alchohol or liquid on chocolate - lol

a nice colour though that gives that reddish tint on the edges of the leaves is to use "rubine" colour - looks beautiful - ive only used this on paste flowers though, so first try and see if youre interested that is!!

Good luck

lorrieg Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 5

I just did chocolate fondant leaves for cupcakes and dry brushed the colour on. It seemed to get sticky and never dry when I tried vodka. I then steamed quickly to set the colours and let them dry after that. Be careful with the steaming. You could end up with mush.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%