Help -Image Transfer Idea..color Flow, Frozen Buttercream..

Decorating By calicopurr Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 6:45pm by peg818

calicopurr Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 2

I'm making a baby shower cake with a baby in a pea pod on top. I don't want to do fondant, but rather something like a color flow, frozen BC transfer or maybe do a molded or piped candy melt baby pea pod. I don't know if I can get green candy melts or if I can write on them with Wilton's decorator black icing or food pens, so that may be a problem. As for color flow, I've never made it, but I have the recipe and I can dye it any colors I need. I have instuctions for a buttercream transfer. They say to use med. consistancy and don't blend any corn syrup or piping gel or it doesn't freeze. Do I need a recipe that has more butter than shortening for it to work well? I've never done any of these methods and would love to hear any positive or neg. feedback on any of these methods, especially which one might be the best for trying something new. I'm pretty happy with flooding cookies and I think the color flow would be very similiar. I guess I'd just need outlines to start with.
I already have wonderful Americolor dyes and don't know which method would be less cost. If you're all pro BC transer please reply, or have great outcomes with color flow, I'd love to hear. THANK YOU cakers and cookiers!

1 reply
peg818 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 2

personally for the least expensive new tecnique i would vote for BC transfer. I would use an icing with more butter in it, as it gets harder faster.

Next would be color flow and since you already flood cookies, then this will be no problem for you as its the same thing. The only difference between using royal icing or the wilton color flow for this is the sheen after it dries. Color flow dries shinier then royal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%