Cannoli Filling In A Fondant Cake?

Decorating By hippiecac Updated 21 May 2014 , 9:33pm by Marie Wohlrab

nikinou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikinou Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 11:37am
post #31 of 35

AThis is the BEST cannoli cream recipe ever!!! I recently made a cake with this filling an got rave reviews. The key here is using super fine, rather than confectioner's sugar. Give. This a try, you will not be sorry. And for cannoli purists, just omit the chocolate chips. Add candied fruit to the filling.

Cannoli Cream 16 oz Ricotta Cheese 8 oz Marscapone Cheese 1 cup Superfine Sugar Zest of one Lemon 1 Tbsp Vanilla 1 cup mini Chocolate Chips

Blend together ricotta and marscapone add in superfine sugar (if you can’t find superfine, use your food processor to make regular sugar into superfine. Do not let it become powder, that will be 10x and that makes the mixture too loose.) The secret to keeping the cream thicker is superfine sugar. 10x sugar makes the mixture too loose. Add in lemon zest, vanilla and chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 2 hours if possible, before using as filling for the cake.

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 1:01pm
post #32 of 35

I use regular cream cheese in my cannoli filling. It's sturdier.  I use the recipe for cannoli dip.  marscapone cheese too

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 5:21pm
post #33 of 35

Do you use the cream cheese in place of the marscapone cheese?

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 6:09pm
post #34 of 35

I have used both together or just the cream cheese alone

Marie Wohlrab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marie Wohlrab Posted 21 May 2014 , 9:33pm
post #35 of 35

I use Satin Ice as well now but have always in the past had little sweat beads or moisture build up on a cake decorated adn put in the refrigerator?  Im not sure if it was back when I used Wiltons fondant though?  I to have a request for a cannoli cake and decorated for a christening and I was very concerned..... Your advice is appreciated!  Also a week or so ahead what is your take on wetting the cake layers with liquor or whatever?  Do you think the layers will be too soggy?  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%