Can We Please Agree...

Decorating By ThreeDGirlie Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 2:56pm by 7yyrt

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 26

NOT to post those disgusting-looking severed finger cookies??? Please? icon_wink.gif

I know they're disgustingly "cute" for Halloween, but seeing pictures of them on the front page seriously just made me gag. I have seen them at parties before and they are enough to keep me away from the food table... icon_razz.gif

So as we go through this Halloween season, can we try to not post gross things that make me almost lose my breakfast? Please? <sigh> I didn't think so, but it was worth a try! icon_biggrin.gif

25 replies
TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 26

The talent within this community is unbelieveable, isn't it???? Just amazing! Can you imagine how well received these confections are at the events??? icon_razz.gif (I wish I had talent like that! icon_rolleyes.gif Maybe someday!)

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 26

I know, they look soooo real! I wish I could make my "fingers" look real. I've been practicing for my DD's birthday, and I have a long way to go to even compare to some of the ones on here =)

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 26

You mena the ones with "blood" oozing from underneath the fingernail? icon_biggrin.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 26

I've tried to make them, and mine just look like blobs.

Mattie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mattie1 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 26

I love them, the grosser the better.

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:49pm
post #7 of 26

I love them too!! icon_biggrin.gif

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:25pm
post #8 of 26

I'll take those any day over the toilet and kitty little cakes icon_rolleyes.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:52pm
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

I'll take those any day over the toilet and kitty little cakes icon_rolleyes.gif

I agree about the toilet cakes. How could someone cut into that and eat it. EWWWW. But then I also feel the same way about the belly cakes adn the baby cakes. I could not cut into one of those and be able to eat it. Severed fingers I can deal with.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 5:01pm
post #10 of 26

Um, no, I don't think people should even be asked to not post their own photos into their own galleries just for the fear that it might make it to the front page and someone with a weak constitution may glance upon it.

ThreeDGirlie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 5:29pm
post #11 of 26

icon_eek.gif OK KoryAK, I'm going to guess that you didn't get the tongue-in-cheek manner in which I posted...

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 5:37pm
post #12 of 26

Where can I find the pics of these fingers I would love to see them...
Thanks,
Jodi

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 5:39pm
post #13 of 26

I guess not, its still early here icon_smile.gif

ThreeDGirlie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 5:43pm
post #14 of 26

Jodiav - do a gallery search for "finger". Plenty of them will pop up - some more gross than others!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 10:48pm
post #15 of 26

at least that ad with the dude with the big@ss spider hangin out of his mouth is off....it WAS disturbing.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:00pm
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

at least that ad with the dude with the big@ss spider hangin out of his mouth is off....it WAS disturbing.

I'll give ya a big high 5 on that one!!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 7:33am
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

I'll give ya a big high 5 on that one!!

I second that thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:19pm
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDGirlie

icon_eek.gif OK KoryAK, I'm going to guess that you didn't get the tongue-in-cheek manner in which I posted...

I did not get the tongue in cheek either.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:58pm
post #19 of 26

A co-worker's birthday is on Halloween and he loves gross stuff. So I'm going to try to make a realistic heart with raspberry "blood" on the inside - of course the cake will be red velvet and the blood will ooze when cut. It will be my first attempt so who knows what will happen but I hope that it's truly gross - in a good way. icon_biggrin.gif It got the idea from a website that I can't find anymore but it is 2 sisters who are into b movies and cake decorating and Halloween and made some totally gross cakes.

ThreeDGirlie Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:37pm
post #20 of 26

A ffew thoughts...

I thought my liberal use of smileys, and the "conversation" I had with myself at the end would get it through that I wasn't being 100% serious... But I guess that didn't work out so well. I really didn't mean to offend. It was more of a light-hearted observation that there are some well done, and realisitically gross (yes, some of them do make me gag) Halloween cakes and cookies out there!

I don't know how I missed the spider dude!

Tracycakes, that is just nasty! I definitely couldn't deal with oozing blood... Give me shivers just thinking about it! But I bet it will be really cool to make.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:39pm
post #21 of 26

I'll take severed fingers anyday over "male anatomy" cakes. did anyone catch that cake on the mainpage the other day? Whoever it was posted it to bridal shower cakes so it posted for everyone to see. I'll probably be labeled prudy prudence here but those cake are NASTY NASTY NASTY!

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:31am
post #22 of 26

Eeeeeeeeeew! -----and the cruddy-looking fingernails! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 7:44am
post #23 of 26

tracycakes, I think you're looking for - http://theyrecoming.com/extras/zombiefest/

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 8:29am
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Quote:

I thought it was just me icon_lol.gif I can walk by a poisonous snake but can't stand to look at a freakin spider. I don't scream and I don't run, but you would think I was walking by slowly (and I really mean slowly)waiting for it to attack. icon_lol.gif

Picture a marine back against the wall trying to stay as far away as possible from a black widow.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:28pm
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

tracycakes, I think you're looking for - http://theyrecoming.com/extras/zombiefest/

That's them! I had found them a long time ago but couldn't remember who they were and how I had found them. They do some gruesome stuff.

I've never done anything like that before so I don't know how it will turn out. I was talking to a co-worker, Matt, and talking about the cakes these girls make and he thought it was totally cool. When I learned that his birthday is on Halloween, I decided that I should to make one for him because he always gets "sweet" cakes. He will get a huge kick out of it.

ThreeDGirlie, don't fret about how you came across. You've apologized and that's more than good enough. thumbs_up.gif You have no idea how many posts I've typed and then just ended up deleting without sending because I didn't think it came across correctly or the way I intended. In our office, we do "ugly checks" all of the time on what we write to customers, just so someone reads it before it goes out. When they are reading something and raise an eyebrow, you know you have to rewrite something. icon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:56pm
post #26 of 26

ThreeDGirlie;
Due, I assume, to the problems on the site lately; when I first read your post there were no smilies showing.
Perhaps the same thing happened when others read it also?
In any case, problem solved. Nobody's mad or anything.
--
I'm glad I missed the spider....shudder... I don't even do spiders on Halloween, unless they are extremely cartoonish.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%